NEW IPOD 60GB

secret squirrel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Hi Guys

Well this is a simple question...

Is the new ipod 60gb exactly the same machine as the outgoing ipod photo 60gb?

I know Apple have now ditched the 'Photo' label as all displays are now in colour but I'd hate to buy an ipod photo to find that it's been superseded etc.

Thanks

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
DONT TYPE IN CAPS FOR YOUR TITLE IT'S ANNOYING

they are the same in function who cares?

secret squirrel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
but...

yeah, so are you saying they are exactly the same in all but name?
Or for example is the new ipod 60gb lighter, smaller???

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Yes, you're just getting the latest and the greatest...packaging that is.

You might as well get one of the older models on the Deals page of the Apple store since you can pick up a comperable model at a lower price (the 30 gig that is).

Don't let the Apple marketing fool you, it's the same pod.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Didn't the 60GB iPod Photo come with a dock and/or some other additional accessories, compared to the current 60GB, at least during some part of its run?

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
secret squirrel said:
Hector

Why is it annoying if I type my title in caps?
Because it seems like you are screaming. Its very rude to type in caps unless you are using it sparingly for emphasis. Plus, although your topic is important to you, others don't want your post jumping out at them as they skim the forum. Its will be addressed either way, so just sit back and relax.

Also, you can edit your posts to add more info instead of posting twice in a two minute span.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
mkrishnan said:
Didn't the 60GB iPod Photo come with a dock and/or some other additional accessories, compared to the current 60GB, at least during some part of its run?
Originally, back when it was $600. The last rev dropped those. The current model is exactly the same as the one that used to be $449.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
secret squirrel said:
Hector

Why is it annoying if I type my title in caps?

it makes out that your thread is more important than any one elces just because you made it and therefor should attract more attention, also caps are harder on the eyes and just a pain to read and if everyone did it useing forums would be hell.

punkbass25

macrumors member
May 16, 2005
mkrishnan said:
yup! when i got mine i got:
dock
headphones
usbdock connector
firewire dock connector
RCA to minijack cable

(and yes it has always had 15 hours of battery life (although sometimes i get 18))