New iPod came out just in time...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kal-037, May 28, 2019.

1. Kal-037 macrumors 68000

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I was waiting to see if Apple would do something un-Apple like for once and give the iPod Touch a re-design, Touch ID, Face ID, different colors, and then maybe an A11 or A12 processor.... but nope, only a poor processor and storage bump.
    I’m sticking with my plan to get an iPhone XR for $300. With that I’ll get a better iPod with double the storage, an A12, Face ID, bigger display, cool color, and great camera... for only a $100 bucks more (*I’m trading in 2 iPhones my grandfather gave me.) :)

Kallum.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

All True what you said, but the biggest advantage the 7th Gen iPod has over the XR is the 3.5 Jack. Not to mention the iPod is immensely lighter and smaller under the XR for those who want a more ‘compact’ experience. It just depends someones view point on what they value between both devices.

3. Kal-037 thread starter macrumors 68000

Kal-037

I never really used the headphone jack, I am finding I use the lightning one and without any problems, the thickness is a couple mm thicker (which to me is nothing.) But you are right that some people want the same wafer thin and small iPod.

K.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I gathered you probably don’t use the 3.5 mm Jack with the XR consideration, but that’s one of the reasons the iPod is so popular, because there are a lot of wired headphones opportunists out there, and with a device cheap as the iPod touch that has been updated, Apple knows there’s a whole appeal to the 3.5 mm demographic, Plus, in today’s world of how large phones are, iPod touch is the perfect device for those who don’t want something obtrusive in the gym or in the pocket for travel, ect.

5. Kal-037 thread starter macrumors 68000

Kal-037

I never used it for the iPod, I rarely used one for any device... I'm one of those weird blokes that just goes with the updates in tech, and am like: "ohh that changed... cool I guess". ;) lol