New iPod Classic, AV Cables no longer work

Discussion in 'iPod' started by odinsride, Sep 14, 2007.

1. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I have a new iPod Classic that replaces my 5G 30gb iPod. I tried hooking the new one up to my tv using my AV Composite cables, but when I try to turn on TV Out to On it doesn't do anything, it just remains at 'Off'.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. lostless macrumors 6502

apple has removed the video out in the headphone port. to make matters worse, apple has also locked out the video out port out of the dock connector to only allow apple authorized devices to enable video out. If you have an apple dock, its one of the few authorized devices that will enable video out. Unfortunately, this also means many video out devices that use the dock connector, will no loner work.

3. odinsride thread starter macrumors 65816

odinsride

uh, wow. just wow. thanks for the reply, but man, that is lame :mad:

4. maxjg macrumors member

Actually, I found a neat little hack the other day having to do with this. I bought my new 80GB Classic at the Apple store, and they didn't have the new docks in stock yet, so I bought one of the last gen(which work exactly the same, fyi), and to my surprise, the old ones had S-Vid out on them, which the new ones don't. So if you don't mind carrying around a dock, an s-vid cable and some audio cables, you get a dock and vid cables for the price of one.

5. m47een macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am facing the same problem with the Pioneer AVH P5900DVD in car DVD screen. Apple have locked out the TV out function and I can no longer play my videos in the car which is proper cr@p :mad:

Have called apple support and they say they cant do anything and Pioneer say they have not checked compatibility of the new iPods on their systems yet..

So now I'm left £800 out of pocket with to devices that don't even work with each other man apple do suck at times...

6. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Tell me, what happens when you connect it to the TV? Does it show the iPod interface or is it the same as the old Video Out where it just shows the video when you start playing it?

7. carman63 macrumors regular

Ouch, and I had planned to broadcast video from my Classic to the nav screen on my car (for passenger entertainment). Nice to know Apple is thinking about my safety, on my behalf *sarcasm* :p

8. cloudburst73 macrumors newbie

ipod classic tv out option locked

:mad:“I'm glad to see so many other people had issues with this. I was completely livid, stunned and more when I found that this was the actual problem and not my equipment. I love the iPod! I use it for everything! I have become addicted to downloading videos and t.v. shows, etc. However, I don't have the money to be throwing around on a regular basis. I sold my older iPod for a newer version and what do I find? The Apple Corporation was screwing me over for more money. I refused to pay. I called in to corporate customer relations and filed a complaint. I followed up that call with several more. I sent in feedback on the Apple website 20 different times with quotes off of message boards not unlike this one. I wrote a personal letter and mailed it. After all that, they still had no idea what I was complaining about. Finally, I said this was an ethics issue and asked for someone higher up on the corporate chain. I demanded a free dock and cable with all the patience and zen I could gather. They agreed upon this after mentioning they have had this issue surface before. So, I urge everyone to bother the f@*&$ out of Apple and demand compensation for their unethical practices. Be patient, vigilant, courteous, specific, or just raise hell. The more people in bigger numbers fight back, the more lawsuits or doormats are a part of history.”