New iPod controls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMonkee, Sep 30, 2007.

1. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

One problem with the iPhone is that because theres no physical buttons you have to look at the screen to perform any actions. One situation where this occurs is while listening to music while driving. So I got to thinking about ways in which apple could improve this by adding a gesture based control system.

To skip forward and backwards between songs you would flick your finger either left or right just like you do when moving between photos. To fast forward and rewind slowly drag two fingers either left or right. The volume would either be controlled by the buttons on the side or by moving your finger up or down. I'm unsure of how pause would be handled but maybe by either double tapping or by tapping the screen with two fingers?

Anyways thats just my thought on how iPod controls could be made easier and safer when driving. Let me know what you think and also if you know of any ways to safely control the iPod while in the car?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Personally, I'd like people who are driving to stay in control of their vehicles by not playing with their iPods or phones. Set up a playlist and start it playing before you even start the car.

I've seen some horrendous examples of drivers where I live, trying to negotiate corners or park while using their phones... and a good friend of mine was knocked off his bike, had his arm and collarbone broken because the twit driving the van was messing with his car-radio, which he admitted in court.