New Ipod Impressions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scarpad, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I replace a 1st Gen Touch with a 3G 64gb Ipod. After spending the night with it the first impressions are, it has a bit better sound quality. Without EQ the music is a bit warmer and fuller sounding than the 1st gen which always sounded tinny to me. The Screen is also better, it has better contrast and a more vibrant colors, my 1st gen was pretty drab looking. I don't know if they've used the better coating or my hands are cleaner but the fingerprints and smudging seem les an issue. And of course it's worlds faster, the 1g was very laggy between menu. Games and apps run at a much faster clip.

That's my impressions from the short time I've had it...

2. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

3. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

1st problem encountered. It seems the touchscreen has issues but only in the video section, touching is very responsive everywhere else, but when a video is playing it takes several taps for the menu to come up, sometimes the menu won't come up but the screen will zoom in and out like you've touched that button. When the overlay does come up it takes several taps and then sometimes in only one location of the touch screen. Why would the touch screen only be hinky is this mode? Should I send it back for another? Anyone have any issues like this?

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I did when I uploaded my first video and tried it out. So I say no. But do you mind telling me how your external speaker is when played at full blast on a couple of songs? Like do you hear a lot of distortion? Make sure sound check is off when you try it though please. I'm thinking of upgrading to a 64 cause of this.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

MiNe did that. Didn't think much of it....not really a big flaw or problem.