New iPod Nano. Dead.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by LouTreize, Sep 15, 2008.

1. LouTreize macrumors regular

:( I turned it on and once it asked for me to choose a language, i tried scrolling with the click wheel but nothing happened. I hooked it up to the Mac, it restarted, i tried the click wheel, nothing happened.

I did a hard reset (menu + play) this time, nothing happened. In fact, this time it wasn't a click wheel issue, the suckers dead! I hooked it up to the Mac for sh*ts and giggles and nothing happened.

:rolleyes:

I did notice something when I fondled it for a few minutes :p When i drag my finger tips over it, it starts to make these creeks and cracks, like when you walk on some faulty wooden floor.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

3. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

Haha! Ya for real, thanks for the support.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Sounds like a case of invoking the warranty and getting it repaired/replaced. Bring it back - along with sales receipt - to where you bought it, and ask for a replacement. Simple as that.
    Good luck and cheers

5. bellebeque macrumors newbie

Dead Ipod Nano

I haven`t even had my ipod nano for three weeks and it randomly turned itself off never to come back on.

I could understand if I had dropped it or wet it but it was sitting on my bed the entire time.

What a piece of crap!

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yep. You got a faulty model so they're all bad. I have five iPods and an iPhone. All of them still work perfectly.

Did you restore the software? Did you charge the battery? Did you take it to Apple for a replacement?

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Holy thread resurrection batman!:eek:

OP did you get a replacement?