Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

New iPod Nanos to be Multicolored?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

9to5mac claims to have heard from reliable sources that this years iPod nano revision will be individually multicolored. While the iPod nano currently comes in a number of solid colors, 9to5mac expects the new ones to contain multiple colors within the same units. It's not clear in what pattern or which colors Apple will use.

The site also reports the new nanos will have twice the storage and "new features".

9to5Mac has had some hits and misses, but hints that this source is the same as the leaked iPod nano photos from last year. Those leaked "fat" iPod nano images proved to be real with Apple legal demanding their removal.

Apple's Flower Power iMac is one reminiscent example of Apple exploring multicolored devices in the past. After being named one of the ugliest products in tech history by PCWorld, we would hope Apple has learned from their mistakes.

Article Link

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Rainbow colored iPod nanos! :D

I can't wait!

So does that mean there will be just one color scheme?

And I've been thinking. Every year the iPod nanos change color and shape. This year, how will the color scheme change? (Multi-touch is still a year away at least.) It looks like I've got an answer.

No release timeframe yet? Does this mean we'll have to wait until October (instead of September) for the new iPods? Makes sense if the MacBooks are expected to be redesigned in August/September.

Comment

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
To avoid the mistake they should make the outside skin more like a faceplate and offer the plates. Either included (for the user to change as the mood suits them) or as a purchased kit, "Nano Faceplate Pack." If they did that it would open vendors to sell more colors (apple to only offer a few) and for that matter maybe different textures, etc, even p00p Zune brown if you so choose. :eek:

Comment

acxz

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2007
i really cant picture a pattern that would look nice and not tacky on a nano..

I'm sure they will have something good. It's not like Apple to let down on their design department. Design is their image.

Silver and black has to be one of the obvious choices to match the MBA and the iMac. The actual coloured ones should be interesting to see though.

Comment

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Like this??

Comment

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I'm sure they will have something good. It's not like Apple to let down on their design department. Design is their image.

Silver and black has to be one of the obvious choices to match the MBA and the iMac. The actual coloured ones should be interesting to see though.
Silver on the front, black on the back (like the iMac)?

Now I want multi-colored MacBooks.

"The new MacBook. Multi-touch on multi-color."

The site also reports the new nanos will have twice the storage and "new features".
Does that mean the 8 GB iPod touch will be gone?

I'm wondering about the "new features." I don't think it's as big as multi-touch. Built-in Blu-ray player Wi-Fi?

Comment

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah! Maybe it will be the matte light green on the front, with a white click wheel, and chrome on the back! Multi!

Comment

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
UK
Apple's Flower Power iMac is one reminiscent example of Apple exploring multicolored devices in the past. After being named one of the ugliest products in tech history by PCWorld, we would hope Apple has learned from their mistakes.

A 'Flower Power' iPod would be lush!

C'mon all you Photoshoppers, I challenge thee.

:D

Comment

Nik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Germany
Maybe you can send your own pictures in and they are gonna paint them right onto your iPod?!
Sounds like a very cool idea.

Comment

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
To avoid the mistake they should make the outside skin more like a faceplate and offer the plates. Either included (for the user to change as the mood suits them) or as a purchased kit, "Nano Faceplate Pack." If they did that it would open vendors to sell more colors (apple to only offer a few) and for that matter maybe different textures, etc, even p00p Zune brown if you so choose. :eek:

This doesn't really fit with Steve's liking for sealed units - and isn't this what cell phones makers were doing 8 or so years ago?

Comment

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Excellent...my prediction from nearly three years ago is coming to fruition!

(Man was that a bad Photoshop on my part...even for only two minutes' work. :eek: )

Comment

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Bring on the iPod Plaid! :p :D

It would be cool if Apple incorporated their color-changing enclosure patent from years back into this new iPod nano. I always thought that had potential, but nothing ever came from it. :cool:

Comment

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Like this??

Yeah! I immediately thought of the blue dalmation iMacs when I read this. Bring them on! The girls will love them. Introduce them in November or early December and they'll fly over the counter. But then again... they will anyway, no matter what colour.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.