New iPod new questions!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linden, Mar 23, 2008.

1. linden macrumors regular

linden

Hey everyone! I am interested in getting an 8 GB iPod Touch and I have a few question before buying.

#1. Will this connect to ANY wireless network. For example a WEP key connection?. If I no the password. A network with a password with NO security?

#2Worth buying? I have a PSP SLIME right now and do you advise trading that in for a 8 GB iPod touch?

#3 Do the 8 GB 16 GB and 32 GB have any differences form each other? besides capasity.

#3 Do you advise me getting an invisableSHIELD for protection?

#4 Does the iPod Touch have compadabilaty with OTHER head phones BESIDES the one they came with?

#5 Does the new update the one with mail and maps come with the iPod touch when i get it?

Thanks guy i whould REALLY love the help!

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

1. For the most part, yes. Some uncommon encryptions aren't supported, and you can't connect to 802.11a- or 802.11n-only networks (they must support 802.11b or g).

2. Well, you previously posted that you already have the iPod touch...
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=459250

3. Nope

3 (again). Doesn't matter, it will keep it scratch-less, but that's not really going to help your resale value in the future. A case will do just fine.

4. Any standard 3.5mm headphones will work.

3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

there you go! :D

4. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Ya i said i had one just to save me the trouble of saying more stuff lol sorry

5. thatonekid393 macrumors member

Yes, it will connect to any wireless network within range provided it is unprotected or you know the password.

DEFINITELY worth it. I have had mine for a little over two weeks and I am still amazed by it. I didn't really use my PSP much except for on vacation after the first month. I can tell I'll be using my Touch for years to come (provided the battery keeps its charge)

I got my 1.1.3 32GB Touch, and it came with the $20 apps package already installed. I jailbroke down then up again to 1.1.3 jailbroken, and the apps came back! I don't think this happens with a regular Touch....the "factory condition" is with the apps, so that's what it reverts to. Or maybe it remembers you had them. I dunno.

YES. I bought an Invisible Shield and it looks absolutely stunning on my iPod. I did, however, use too much liquid applying it/cleaning it and now my iPod's screen is all wet so I'm going to have to let it dry for probably a week. The best advice I can give you when applying the back (the more complicated piece), DO NOT worry if you get fingerprints on it. They will completely disappear. I had an entire palm print on mine, put it on eventually because I thought it was like that forever and just gave up trying....but it dried absolutely clear and looks wonderful now.

Standard headphones :)

6. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

sorry 1 last thing guys. can i download music off limewire or any other music sharing program and put them on my iPod touch?

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, they're just mp3s. No such thing as "Limewire format" - just pop them in iTunes and you're done.

8. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

thanks!

9. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

my friends all take mp3 of limewire then put it on their iPods. Naughty kids :D

10. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Haha
    Its so funny how much Touch interest has increased.
    At the beginning, a select few had them, and now everyone and there mother does.

And to the OP, sorry, but you need to take some spelling lessons.

11. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Well, to be honest, I never even thought of getting an MP3 player, but they had the commercial for the iPOD Touch on about three times on American Idol on the 11th. I had seen it before, but this time it intrigued me and I got to thinking about it and my 500+ CDs of that about 450 of I don't even listen to anymore and I had my Touch within a week. Half of my CDs are on it already. Listening to one now I hadn't listened to in about 15 years.

So I am thinking that commercial might have a lot to do with it. It's a pretty effective and well-done commercial.

Mike

12. brandonzar macrumors regular

WPA enterprise

Actually the Touch doesn't support some very common encryption schemes like WPA/WPA2 enterprise. I found this out the hard way as this is the encryption that my University uses. I talked to someone at Apple who sounded like they new what they were talking about and they said they were working on it, hopefully it will be out in the June update.