New iPod Shuffle Design idea! :)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by venomgt95, Mar 11, 2015.

1. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

So, i was joking around with my friend and came up with a cool idea for an updated Shuffle design. Heres my vision: Keep the current shape/size, and get rid of the control pad buttons completely, but replace them with a touch pad. Picture the controls like this:

On the touch pad:

Swipe Right: Skip Forward
    Swipe Left: Skip Back
    Swipe Up: Raise Volume
    Swipe Down: Lower Volume
    Tap the pad once to play or pause

And to 'lock' the touch pad to prevent accidental skipping or whatnot, a little lock button on the top (or side) whichever.

And Bump it up to 5GB instead of 2GB.

What do you guys think? I created a 'Render' of my idea. What do you think? :) :D

Attached Files:

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

They already made the 6th gen iPod Nano like that.

3. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

I'd also say if you're going to jump the memory up do it within the standard convention of doubling. So make it either 4 or 8.

4. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

5. venomgt95 thread starter macrumors 6502

venomgt95

I know it seems similar to the 6th gen nano, but its different because its not a screen, its just a touch pad.

6. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

What is the problem are you trying to solve? The touchpad seems like a solution in need of a problem.

7. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

I honestly think the remote control is the better option. No matter where the nano/shuffle is, I just click once for pause, twice for next track, thrice for track back and the usual stuff with press once/twice and then hold for FF/RR.

8. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

So it's no better than a button interface, basically.

9. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

A good attempt. Though I prefer physical button on the shuffle. It's always clipped to my gym shorts and I can feel the physical controls without looking at it

10. Slicksleek macrumors newbie

11. SkyDeirdre macrumors newbie

The main problem is there isn't a widespread standard for headphone remote control. I really liked using the shuffle with the lanyard headphones a la the first gen or clipping it to your shirt or even bra a la the 2G

12. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

swipe up,up, down, down, left , right, left, right, slide to hold on, slide to hold off, tap to pause = 10 extra gigs of storage.