Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
A lower-cost Nano makes sense, but I still think Apple will have something (a Shuffle or replacement) at the VERY low-end, sub-$100, below the Nano.

Comment

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I own a Shuffle and have used my friend's iPod Photo, and I do prefer the shuffle. While the Nano has the same "throw it in your pocket and forget about it" form factor, I prefer the durability and ease of use of my Shuffle. it would be nice to be able to rate songs and see titles, but aside from that and price I can't think how it could be improved. I see these rumours as a bit unsettling for that reason, but then again I can't see needing to replace my Shuffle any time soon so I guess I shouldn't care.

and for those who think durability isn't important: I've dropped my Shuffle on hard pavement around half a dozen times, with no appreciable damage to the finish. the thing is built like a tank, and sexy.

Comment

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I think the current iPod line-up is great. It covers all areas, $70-$400 and 512mb-60gb.

Maybe Apple will drop the 1gb shuffle and just keep the 512 shuffle and the 1gb Nano.

Comment

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
The shuffle is just too practical, I'd hate to see it go. However, if the nano-replacment can hold up in terms of being light enough and durable enough (while having more space) I suppose I shouldn't worry.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.