New iPod taking manhood?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mpulsive81, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

Ok this is just a rant but what was Apple thinking with the new colors? Great, so now we get to carry around music filled easter eggs as we jam to our favorite tunes. Now I know it's all a matter of personal taste, but what do you think prompted Apple to go pastel with their colors? Sure, people can still get silver and black...but light turquoise and light green? The red doesn't even look red anymore either...it burgandy. (Lavender?) Am I missing something? I think it would have been a good idea to poll the general population before introducing Easter in September. Why not getting some cool colors? I know "cool" is subjective...but maybe a couple of sports car colors would've been fun to put into the mix....solar yellow, orange, royal blue. Heck I dunno, I'm just glad my girl got me a the 5.5 video before the new stuff came out. Everything's so cute and bubbly with pretty little colors now. Just not my cup of tea.

Now before I get bashed, I think the new form looks great. And the silver and black ones rock. And i'm sure i'll get responses of "if you don't like it, don't buy it", as if I needed permission to buy it to begin with. I'm just saying that i wish I wasn't limited on the color options available.

Ok i'm done with my rant.

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I agree, the first thing I though was that they looked like they belonged in a April or so release for Easter. I don't like them at all, they are all so ugly. I prefer the dark red (product red) from the 2nd gen ipods, now the product red is a little diff in color...

3. remster45 macrumors newbie

I agree. They should've kept the same bright colours as before on the nanos and shuffles. The new colours are complete garbage.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If your manhood is based on colour instead of your actions, blah blah blah. :D :p

I don't particular care for the new colours but the fact that they're on metal instead of plastic may be part of the compromise, right? I don't think the black or the silver look particularly good but I don't spend a lot of time watching the iPod anyway.

5. Scott982 macrumors member

Scott982

6. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

Which part of your post is either humorous or informative? If you don't like the color selection, then don't buy it. I'm not clear on how color is associated with "manhood."

7. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

Since all the iPod colors used to be so masculine :rolleyes:

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sorry, but colored iPods have always been girly. The shade is irrelevant. White, black, and silver are the only unisex "colors."

9. ndheah macrumors regular

I like them, and I'm a married MAN who enjoys hunting and fishing and the outdoors...Does this make me girly? I think not...Get over it.

10. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I like the new colours, but I would be happier if they introduced an orange. But not the same orange as the old shuffle but a deeper shade, richer.

I didn't particularly like the fluro bright colours of the last gen.

11. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Dammit, I came into the thread to say this exact same thing.

:p

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

http://upc.*************/uploads/smilies/iloveyou.gif

(or is that too girly of me?)

14. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

*chuckles* There is a very clear inspiration for the selection they used this time around. My guess is that they were trying to capture the feel of the early transistor radios that appeared around the same time.

15. Ninden macrumors member

Ninden

Funny, I have the beautiful pink 2nd gen Nano, and I don't feel my manhood being threatened. To each their own...

/Pink iPod sock too <3

16. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

well they were better than what they are now.

17. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

I have a teal blue case 3G nano and nobody is complaining to me about being a "girly" color. :rolleyes: Hey at least Apple didn't offer a pink color one, so....

18. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

... or zune brown...

;)

19. DCBass macrumors 6502

OUch...

After reading Gizmodo's review:

"Contrasting the curvature, you've got this edged bezel sharp enough to scrap gunk off of fingernails, for example." (from 2nd paragraph...)

I thought you were talking about being in danger from putting that thing in your pocket, not colors.

yikes.

DCBass

20. Mpulsive81 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't recall saying it anything about trying to be humorous or informative. I think i mentioned something about it being a "rant. Just like you said, "If you don't like the color selection, then don't buy it." In the same respect, "If you don't like the post, then don't respond..." :D

Other than that...wow lots of feedback! Like I said, i wasn't trying to hear that "if you don't like it, don't buy it" and all that other fun jazz...that's an obvious solution. I was just ranting that I think the colors are uglier than then before. Everyone gets to post their love of the new ones...well I'm just posting my opinion that I'm not a big fan of the new colors and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that isn't either. I just like something that looks sleek and am glad I got my 5.5 video to match my macbook ;)

21. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

so new ipods = no sex? :eek::confused::confused:

anyways.... i don't see how a color can take away from one's masculinity, whatever that is, or why there is even an point to it.

22. Mpulsive81 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok maybe we aren't understanding the point of this thread so let me clarify...

This thread is not literally talking about MASCULINITY or MANHOOD or your JU JU BEANS. (yes i said ju ju beans) So don't get offended if you have an easter-pod and don't like the fact that I don't like the colors.

I was just saying that the new colors are just too pastel for me. :)

23. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm going to go out here on a limb and say that the color of an iPod can be masculine or feminine, and that making them more pastel has moved some of the colors from being more "manish" (note: I didn't say manly!). That said, I don't think the color of your iPod says a whole lot about your personal masculinity, but I can see the appeal of having one that's a color you like.

Then again, I think the new nano is fugly anyways, so what do I know?

24. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Dutch?!

But yeah, I'm not a fan of these new pastel colours! My wife is extremely happy with her (old) bright pink iPod shuffle! Sometimes waiting for things to be updated isn't a good thing, eh!?

25. Mpulsive81 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah i'll need to see some "updates" before I consider upgrading from my 5.5G