New iPod touch 3 cases & question about release

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by MacorgaZ, Aug 30, 2009.

1. MacorgaZ macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Found these on a Chinese site for selling stuff to Chinese businesses.

I've got a question: when was the iPod touch 2 announced on the keynote (9th of september 2008?), and when was it available in stores and in the online Apple Store? If it was immediately available online, what was the estimated shipping time? 24 hours or longer?

2. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i would not be surprised if this cases are all real!:D

judging from the leaked pictures, the camera in the cases make sense.;)

3. dark-saito macrumors regular

A quick search on wikipedia shows it was available for release on Sep 9... Not sure how accurate that is, and am too lazy too do further research.

But it sounds right. However, I beleive it SHIPS in 24 hours, but is delivered to you depending on which service you choose... 1-2 for that super priority option, or 3-5 for business class.

4. jreed91 macrumors regular

Is it just me or do these not have the hole for volume controls on the case?

5. jreed91 macrumors regular

Also did anyone notice that ipod touch 2g cases were on clearance in the best buy ad. I think this could be a sign that a new ipod is for sure coming on the 9th

6. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

On some of the silicone ones they have indentations for the volume rocker which makes them had to see.

7. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

They're there. Just look harder on the ones that are facing downwards, so that you can see the camera hole. Green and Pink are easiest to see.

8. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Also why is the cardboard insert from the 1st gen touch and why is there a picture of an iphone.

9. gscal macrumors newbie

gscal

They look highly plausible.

But I wouldn't get them. I'd wait for an iPod touch 3rd gen Switch-Easy case. :p

10. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

I've also seen a few cases on Amazon.com for iPod touch 3rd Generation though they don't show the camera holes, however the title says there's a camera.

11. IBITF macrumors newbie

Exactly. And no volume controls and half the case is in english and the other half in Chinese...... I call BS on this one folks

12. Wishsong macrumors regular

Well these are Chinese cases.... I mean usually they're a little messed up like that. And there are actually Volume controls look closely at the right hand sides of each case.

My big question is, why is the antenna part not covered?