New Ipod Touch about to go through Window

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CleetusvanDamme, Jan 9, 2009.

1. CleetusvanDamme macrumors newbie

Evening People I need Help before the above happens. Treated Myself to a 32GB Ipod Touch for Christmas Synced My Music to it and Fired it Up. After a while of Using It It Started Jumping back to the Home Screen while Scrolling Through the Album Artwork this got gradually Worse until It wouldn't play a Whole Song without Jumping back to the Home Screen. Took it back to Where I Bought it From and got a New One. Synced It, Fired It Up Exactly the Same Fault, took it to the Apple Shop they looked at it and said it was Faulty. Took it back again and got another New One. Just Finished Syncing It Tried it out and This One's doing the Same. It's Driving Me Mad.
    The Software's Up to Date and I Tried Restoring the Settings on the Previous Two Numerous Times.
    If anyone Can Help Me I would be Eternally Grateful

2. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

When you first sync the new iPod are you creating a 'new' iPod or using an existing back up? If you are using a back up you will be putting the problem back onto the iPod.

Try a restore and choose the option to create a 'new' iPod. iTunes will then wipe the iPod and put factory settings on it. Then you can re-sync all your music etc onto it.

PS Try using capitals at the beginning of sentences only as it makes your posts easier to read. Thanks.

3. CleetusvanDamme thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Big Blue but I'm already doing this. When I first Sync It as It comes out of the Box and when I restore It I'm creating a new Ipod.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Are you on a Windows box? Try reinstalling iTunes if you are.

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

What format are your music files?

Could be a problem with your id3 tags, I have never used iTunes for tagging or coverart insertion in my ripped music as I have heard it can be problematic. I use a free program called mp3tag.

I suggest removing all the music on your Touch and the checking the tags of 5-6 albums before re-loading them. Try to avoid multiple tag formats and multiple coverart insertions. I use 320kbps mp3's, a single album art image no larger than 500x500px and id3v2.3 tagging only and have never had any issues.

In the mp3tag options you can set the tagging perimeters for read write.
    [​IMG]

If you set it up as above, then load your albums, select all tracks, File>Remove tag it will strip out all unwanted tag info and just leave v3.2.

[​IMG]

You can check art by highlighting an album at a time and right click on the art box to add or remove images.

[​IMG]

Or use the online database option to tag and add art for each album.

[​IMG]

Once you have checked and cleaned up your tags reload the albums you have done to your Touch and see if it has helped.

6. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

If you are on a PC and do decide to reinstall iTunes make sure you remove ALL Apple applications and anything with iPod in the name through Add/Remove Prgrammes. Then restart, re-download iTunes and reinstall. This method can cure a lot of problems.

7. xbpr macrumors member

I had this same annoying problem when I first loaded my 16GB touch, but then I rebooted the machine and the problem went away. It's worth a try.

8. CleetusvanDamme thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Guys/Girls Yes I'm on A P.C running XP. Prefer not to reinstall Itunes if possible for the simple fact it took Me ages to Rip all My Music. However if that's what it takes to Fix It then I'm willing to Try.

tadad1 You'll have to excuse my Ignorance I'm not Great with Computers. When you say id3tags do you mean the Artist Name, Song Title, Album Name etc? So I Restore My Ipod and Before Syncing it again Download Mp3tag and use that to input Names and Artwork on My Music???

Just been looking at the Info for My songs The majority are Albums which I Own and are in AAC Format some I've got off Limewire and are MPEG could this affect it? Clutching at Straws really.

Thanks Everyone for trying to help Me I really Appreciate Your efforts.

9. sgtboy macrumors 6502

reinstalling itunes WILL NOT ERASE YOUR MUSIC.

I don't think you have 8.0.2 for some reason

https://swdlp.apple.com/cgi-bin/Web...oadApp.woa/1690/wo/4qq8kyuo8ttwcGcUsbnrz0/2.5 <---Newest itunes for XP

Open itunes, hit Help and then about and tell me what version you have

If thats not the problem im 99% sure you have a "bad" or corrupt song from limewire. A song that you have is causing problems and your ipod is kicking you back to the main screen

10. CleetusvanDamme thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha Ha Told You I was Ignorant thought if I removed Itunes all My Music thats in There would disappear too. How does it not get Deleted If You Remove Itunes?

Did what you Said and the Version is 8.0.2.20. If this is the latest version should I then start deleting the songs I got off Limewire?

11. XmcbrideXprideX macrumors newbie

It doesn't delete the songs, because all of your songs are not saved in iTunes, they are actually saved on your hard drive, so when you uninstall iTunes your music will still be there. Then when you reinstall it, it will automatically import your music. And yes, if that does not work, its going to be an issue with some of your content that your are trying to sync to your iPod, I would try to delete some of your Limewire songs and see if you can get the issue resolved.

12. CleetusvanDamme thread starter macrumors newbie

Right I See now. Silly Me. Thanks I'll try Tomorrow and Let You all know how I get on. Thanks Again.

13. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Is the offending music in a lossless format by any chance? Apparently there's a problem with the iPod touch playing back lossless audio. If they are lossless, try converting your music (right click on the track(s) and select "Convert to ..." [it should say either AAC or MP3, if it doesn't then open Preferences and select one of those formats under the Import options]).

If that's not the problem, then at least try converting your Limewire tracks in the way I said above, that's helped me to fix up playback errors with those types of tracks.

14. iTracz macrumors newbie

I would suggest completely deleting the songs from Limewire. I have heard many horror stories from people about Limewire songs containing viruses.

15. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

I didn't read the rest of the thread so this may have already been said etc. but mine started doing that after i updated my library with all the album artwork. I would be playing the music and scrolling through the album covers and it would stop the music and go back to the home screen. All i did was turn the ipod off completely, not just taping the top button but holding it then sliding the arrow on the screen that shuts it down and makes it reboot when you turn it back on ( had to explain this because I know people that didn't know you could turn it all the way off like that so I just wanted to make sure). After that I was good. Hope it works for ya, let me know if it does :)

16. CleetusvanDamme thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright Folks Today I converted all My Limewire songs to AAC which didn't fix the problem. I then removed all the Songs From the Ipod that I had gotten off Limewire. I've Still got the Problem.
    I've tried the top button and slide turn off to no avail.
    What next? Reinstall Itunes or just admit defeat and get My money back.
    What do you fine Folk think???

17. nohite macrumors member

Does this only happen when you are doing coverflow while listening to the music? Coverflow is quite demanding graphically so maybe there is a bug in the software? I never have any problem with my 32GB but I don't use coverflow that much, especially when music is playing.

18. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

There may be something wrong with the files on your computer, or the way they were transferred.
    Here's an idea, get another 32GB iPod touch from one of your friends and put your music on it, if this happens on your friends' iPod then it's most likely the fault of the files.

19. CleetusvanDamme thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems to be more prolific while browsing through coverflow however it also does it when browsing by album or song. If you select an album and leave it to play it seems O.K but when you start looking through the Coverflow it will jump back to the Homescreen. Once it starts it seems to get worse to a point where it will not finish playing a song even if left alone.
    It also does it while on You Tube.

This is the third one, I returned the previous two with the exact same problem so I suppose it would point to a fault with the files on the Computer but how do I fix it?
    The only music on the Ipod now are from albums I own.

Please help it's doing my Head in. Really want to fix this as I really like the machine but it's no use if it won't play my Music.

Thanks All

20. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

ehh how high a window???

not a big threat tho it can prly sustain heavy impact like taht expessially to grass, but try restarting by pressing and holding the two buttons till u see an apple.

21. Whits macrumors member

This is some of the coolest capitalization that I've ever seen. Is there a method to your madness?

22. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

hit and miss. If he types in random caps then he's bound to capitalize the right ones.

23. CleetusvanDamme thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha nO tHEre'S NO MetHod, I'm JUST ShIfT Key HaPPY. You got any thoughts on the problem I'm having.