New iPod Touch and Back To School Promotion

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BeestieHalls, May 18, 2010.

1. BeestieHalls macrumors member

Mar 7, 2009
    I think I know the answer to this question, but I'm not completely sure.

So I'll be purchasing a new Macbook Pro once the back to school promotion starts, so that means I'll be getting a free iPod touch with it, or at least a decent amount of money off an iPod touch when I buy the computer.

My question is: The Back to School promotion usually runs from June to August and new iPods come out in September, correct? So there's no chance that I'll be able to score a newer version of the iPod touch with the back to school promotion, right?
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    Usually they even put some kind of clause in that explicitly forbids buying a brand-new iPod (if one is released before the end of the sale, which is extremely unlikely).
  3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

Apr 10, 2006
    Ellicott City, MD
    The last 3 years the iPod Touch was released just after the BTS promotion expired. They probably do it on purpose, to clear stock of the "old" model.
  4. carebearsx3 macrumors regular

May 2, 2010
    You know what works? Wal-Mart.

1. Get the MBP and iTouch.
    2. Go to Wal-Mart and return it (claim that you got it as a gift and don't want it).
    3. When the new one comes out, get the new one from Wal-Mart.

I dunno if it'll work with the Apple Store.
  5. seb-opp macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2008
    It obviously wont work
  6. BeestieHalls thread starter macrumors member

Mar 7, 2009

That's actually a pretty good idea. That or eBay...

I haven't seen anything to completely convince me that the 4th generation iPod touch would be worth the wait/update.

I sold my old touch and am living on a classic. 4 months without one may be a long time...
  7. FSMBP macrumors 68020

Jan 22, 2009
    Walmart doesn't even sell Macs. And that definitely won't work.
  8. AmirValentine macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2008
    But they do sell Ipods so yeah...