New IPOD Touch is Junk

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DiegoLopez, Apr 11, 2009.

1. DiegoLopez macrumors newbie

Just got a brand new from China Ipod Touch and it freezes up when I type, gets hot and won't play music. Called for help and they said to restore. Have restored it 3 times and its still the same. Looks like I'll have to send it back and wait for a new one unless someone has any suggestions. Has anyone had this problem before?

THX

2. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I got a 32gb Touch and have not had this problem before. Did you update it to the latest version via iTunes?

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

You should simply take it to the Genius Bar. They'll help you. It sounds like a hardware issue.

4. Mew2468 macrumors regular

That's really awkward. Take it to the Apple Store and tell us what they say ;).

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

1st Gen 32Gb touch. No problems with it.

Suggest that you take yours to the local Apple Store Genius bar and see what they say. If something is wrong hardware wise, more than likely they will offer you a replacement.

6. DiegoLopez thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it was restored with the latest update from Itunes. Appreciate the quick feedback; I was hoping there was a miracle fix. Will take it to the store and see what they say and will report back. Since it was engraved I'll have to wait for a new one to be shipped.

7. WickedFall macrumors newbie

That definitely sounds like a hardware issue. I wouldn't say their all junk!