new iPod Touch - newbie questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by godisjustpreten, Nov 12, 2007.

1. godisjustpreten macrumors member

Just returned my n800 for the Touch. Couldn't be happier. Have a few questions though...

1) Can I disable the auto-rotation in Safari? When I am laying down on my side, I can't get the rotation right.
    2) I purchased the anti-glare screen protector (brand = Power Support) when I bought my Touch. It's ok, but I am wondering if there is a better one out there. Is there consensus on the best protectors?
    3) I am in the market for some kind of case. I don't want a case that I can leave it in. I want a case that will protect it enough that I can put it in my pocket and remove it easily enough. It also shouldn't be too bulky. Any suggestions?
    4) I'm also in the market for an AC adapter/charger. I want something I can carry with me and charge it if I don't have access to a pc. I'd also like the charger to allow me to operate the Touch while charging (if possible). Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

If you can find someone that has (or if you have) a 5G iPod Video. That iPod came with a small slip case that works perfect for the Touch if you just want something to easily slip it in and out.

3. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

As far as I know, you can't, but Safari won't flip the display to upside-down-vertical. Therefore, just flip safari to the side you want, and then orient the touch so the button end points up (upside down) - safari won't flip. If you actually wanted to see your images (which CAN flip upside-down), or if you wanted to view safari vertically, but on your side, then I don't think there's a tip.

4. lindstrom macrumors member

#3 I use my iPod socks. After a little stretching the Touch fits perfectly.

#4 Official Apple iPod Charger?

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

#4.

Get the newer Apple adapter. The newer one is crazy small (thus easily portable) and it comes with a USB cable.

This way you can power from a wall OR any USB port. You're covered in either way.