New iPod Touch ? pictures

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by darky89, Jun 26, 2009.

1. darky89 macrumors newbie

Hi, I just bought an iPod Touch today and a friend told me that a new one is coming. He send me a link of a french blog talking about this rumor with a picture of something which could be the new iPod Touch. Is that a fake ? Because i feel so stupid now :(

Picture :

[​IMG]

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

No idea.

But whatever happens, new iPods come out every September. It is the iPod month.

3. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

The photo itself is probably fake but I fully expect the next Touch to look something like that, including the camera.

4. honeytoast macrumors regular

Fake. Where is the plastic section for the wifi antenna?

5. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

The photo sure does look like a fake...

What french blog was it?

6. darky89 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's plugeek.com

Thank you all for the replies, I really hope it's a fake xD

7. svndmvn Guest

I think it's fake but it could simply look fat because of the photo itself, I just think the camera would be on the other side, turning the iPhone to the left to take a picture is quite comfortable
    I like this Knight Creations
    [​IMG]

8. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

the only thing I understood from the article was "fake or not"

9. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Your friend is right in that there likely will be a new one this September as that's when Apple usually updates their iPods.

That pictures looks pretty fake though, almost as if someone just took the back of the current one and added the camera to it.

10. darky89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is a translation of the article :

The rumor of a new iPod touch is launch and pictures are already there. We can see that there is a camera and the wifi receiver has dissapear. We got no more clues on this. But as usual, fake or not ?

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If they changed the back to plastic, then there is no need for a plastic window so WiFi will work.

If they add a camera, I hope it's the same as what the iphone 3GS got. If it's a crappy camera like the iPhone 3G has then I'll wait until the 4th gen Touch before upgrading.

12. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I would think it would have to be the same as the 3GS one. A camera is a big feature, and by upgrading the iPhone's camera the way they did, they in essence are saying the old camera wasn't that good. I don't see how they could justify putting a lesser camera on the iPod. I could just imagine Steve:

"And we have added a camera to the Touch. This is the same great camera we had on our old iPhone model."

It just doesn't work. They got away with it on the speaker because it wasn't a huge feature and Steve never promised it would be. But a camera, there's no way they could justify putting the iPhone 3G camera on it. It was kinda like back in 2007 during the period between the release of the iPhone and the first Touch. In those few months, a Touch didn't exist, and Steve called the iPhone their "best iPod ever." So he was in essence saying that the iPhone was a better iPod than any of their official iPods. So they fixed that problem very quick. If you see a camera at all, it'll be the 3GS one.

13. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

For some reason I think we will be getting the 3g camera with no video recording because that's just the way Apple is. We will see todays 3GS camera in a year or two when they bump the iPhone camera up to like 6mp and HD video recording.

14. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

It will probably have a 3G Equivalent Camera, as it will have become smaller now, and keep the Touch's Thin factor.

15. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Does it matter? Whatever you buy will be "outdated" in a few months.

16. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Haha...yeah..I feel that way all the time...:eek: