Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indigotheory

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
So i bit the bullet and went for one of the new 8gb iPod Touch

2 questions at the min, and im sure they have all been answered before,

what is the best pdf reader with page turning etc.... a lot of people swear by stanza, is that the best you will get?

Also im after a good file viewer, for powerpoint files and word files, quickoffice seems alright, but i only want to view them.

Thanks in advance, oh and jellycar rocks :)

indigotheory

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Thanks for the reply,

Notebooks seems ok, im keeping with stanza at the min to see what it can do, if anything, though i did go for quickoffice suite, 5.99 from the app store, it might be a little overkill just for viewing pdf's, but it seems to do it in a good way, also you never know when the other features might come in handy.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I pondered the "office" apps before i took the plunge with Notebooks myself. Seriously, i pondered this for WEEKS....

For me it came down to needing the organization that Notebooks offered instead of just being able to read them. I have a lot of medical reports to carry around with me, and being able to scan and organize them makes it easy to deal with.

Then each child has a notebook for their school stuff and all that. It for sure depends on your end use. I don't need to read mine that often - but i need to be able to go right to the lab work report and such.

I think i'd actually do MORE with it if i had a device bigger than 8gb. I'm walking a fine line trying to balance what i really WANT to carry with me, vs what i need too.

I'm glad you found a working solution for right now - LOL, i still read new App reviews and am always see if i can make it all work better for me :D

Enjoy the Touch!

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2009
i thought the 8 gb was the old one? (theyre selling three now) and
only 2 of them are new ones by being faster expensiver

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
i thought the 8 gb was the old one? (theyre selling three now) and
only 2 of them are new ones by being faster expensiver

You're correct. The 32 and 64 GB iPods are faster, and I believe they've speech recognition while the 8 GB doesn't (I know for sure 32 & 64 have it, cause I have one, but not totally sure about 8 GB)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.