New iPod Touch Release?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by olly666, Aug 26, 2009.

1. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

Okay, I'm looking for someone to give me a glimmer of hope that the new release is in fact nearing...

A few months back I posted asking advice about switching from a 1st gen to a 2nd gen. You guys advised me not to make to switch since the 3rd gen would likely be hitting stores in September. After some heavy thinking, I took a slight change in direction - sold my 1st gen and bought a 3GS.

I've now sold the 3GS since I was hardly using it as a phone (boy what a profit!). I intend to buy the 3rd gen the second it comes out, but as with all things Apple, news about the release is far and few.

I'm iPod-less and I can't stand it! Any tipsters out there have any release-related news to share? Cheer me up!

Thanks.

2. buxtone17 macrumors regular

Free iPod w/ computer deal ends on September 8th + Apple has an event scheduled for September 9th = 3rd Gen iPod touch on Sept. 9th.

Two weeks to go.

3. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

THANK YOU!!! :D

4. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

I am also iPod "touchless"--can't wait! Will be buying it the day it comes out..As soon as I'm done watching the keynote (when it comes out on apple.com, i'm heading over to the :apple: store 3 minutes away to buy it.

5. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I can't wait either!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(if it has a camera!)

OMG! :D

forget my college textbooks,

i go for the ipod touch 3G first!

6. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Haha, yeah.

7. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Also waiting...

I'll be buying it as soon as it's available.

8. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I have been holding off for it for about 6 months now and the second it comes out I am blowing $400 on it lol ( going to get best model :) ) I can't wait!!!

What I think will happen :
    3gs speed processor
    same amount of ram as 3gs
    same camera as 3gs
    64gb version at the $400 range

I would really really really like to see an OLED screen though and a gps though I doubt ether of these will be coming to the iPod Touch :(

9. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I agree with the same ideas! :D

most likely i will buy the 16GB for $230 time to save money!

and will give my 1st generation to my little sister.

10. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

when it comes out, how soon will it be at Wal mart?? I have a $100 gift card there

11. misssamsays macrumors newbie

When products are announced, it usually takes a few days, if not a week, to hit stores.

12. LazersGoPEWPEW macrumors regular

I'm getting the free ipod touch and turning around and selling it before Sep 9th. Using the rebate and profit to buy a new one. Sounds like a good plan yeahs?

13. Jordan the Nerd macrumors member

Jordan the Nerd

I just sold my 3rd Generation Nano so that I can buy the new touch as soon as it comes out. Hopefully they will keep the price the same and it gets in stores pretty quick, I can't wait!

I've lined up a few apps ready for the touch in iTunes, gets me excited every-time I look at that "apps" section.

- Jordan

14. misssamsays macrumors newbie

Prices will probably drop just like the MacBooks :D

15. macsarethebest macrumors regular

you better get there before the keynote ends or u'l be waitin all day :eek:

16. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Good point. :D

17. dakine85 macrumors newbie

yup, i did that last year. except i was having a hard time at first cuz i was being honest and telling people that a new version was coming out soon, and that's why i'm selling it. so i had no takers.

but if you want 100% of the cost back (even though it technically didn't cost you anything), you should return it to the store, saying that someone gave it to you as a gift and you don't want it, but would like store credit. i had a friend do this for me, just cuz i wasn't sure if apple was gonna ask for email address which might connect it back to my purchase. try it out, see if it works. :)

but yes, i agree with the posters here....i'm also iPod touch-less currently. i'm very anxious to hear what the new generation will bring.

18. Doodledoo macrumors regular

The free iPod with computer deal actually runs out on the 15th. However, last year's event was six days prior to when it ran out last year. Thus: 15-9=6. September 9th. Haha.

19. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

I thought it was done 9-8?

20. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

So am I. I accidentally took it (1st gen.) on Splash Mountain at Disneyland last July so I brought it home, took it apart just to see what's in it (by the way-- never attempt to open a working ipod touch yourself)-- then i shot the hell out of it with a high powered pellet gun. That was fun. :) Hope the 3rd gen is unbelievable...