New iPod Touch Stuck on USB Cable -> iTunes Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cmcclure16, Apr 16, 2012.

1. cmcclure16, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

cmcclure16 macrumors regular

Ok so I'm actually posting this question on behalf of my partner who is currently stationed in Afghanistan.

He just bought a brand new iPod Touch the other day and unfortunately it's stuck on the USB Cable connect to iTunes screen. When he connects it to his MacBook, iTunes lists the device however he can not sync anything to it and the screen remains on the USB/iTunes screen. It's never shown anything else on the screen, no Welcome, no icons, nothing. When he clicks on "iPod Touch" in the device list is says something about iTunes cannot connect to the store.

Anyone have any suggestion as to why it's doing this and what he can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

2. Yamboyz1 macrumors newbie

Is he connected to the internet while he's trying to do this?

3. cmcclure16 thread starter macrumors regular

No he's not, but theoretically speaking, shouldn't he still see some sort of welcome or setup screen so he can even connect to wifi (if there were wifi)? As soon as he turned it on all he got was the Connect to iTunes screen.

4. Yamboyz1 macrumors newbie

Well, you said that on the device list it said that he couldn't connect to the store, and I didn't think that you weren't able to sync your device while you're not connected to the internet (triple negative?) but that may be the case. I don't know, I'll test it myself then tell you.