New iPod Touch to come out in December?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gan6660, Nov 11, 2009.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

2. ipodtouch3g macrumors newbie

hope so

i was hoping to buy the ipod touch in september, but decided to wait a little. if this is true, i am excited. thanks for bringing this up. :)

3. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

In September, I thought Apple just should delay the update for a few months until they are ready to install the camera in iPod Touch, rather than go ahead and release the camera-less 3G iPod Touch. I like their products, but I hate how Apple does business.

4. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Highly unlikely. It's way too close to the holiday shopping season for Apple to release any new products. I don't anticipate a new iPod Touch until spring 2010 at the earliest, but most likely next September.

5. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Uh, two things:

1) Your link doesn't seem to go anywhere

2) I would be very surprised if Apple came out with a new product in December. It's WAY too close to Christmas to milk the most out of that particular cash cow and, worse, there will be thousands of 3rd gen touches that have already been bought by that point lying wrapped and waiting for christmas day. In terms a mass market 'F U' to your customers that'd be right up there on the all time champ list.

I really don't see Apple refreshing the touch now until mid-2010 at the earliest. What would they add, a camera? Sales seem to be very strong without it, why not hold it back now for the next version? If the tablet rumours are true that'd be along in early 2010 and why would they want to potentially harm sales of that device with a revised touch? It would also mean ANOTHER product refresh in September 2010 to stay in step with the iPhone hardware, three iPod Touch launches in that time frame is far too many.

I think most likely if a new unit does turn up it'll be a 16Gb third gen model to replace the 8Gb 'third gen' we currently have or slot in between that and the 32Gb. That'd make sense at the low end and be a good entry level device which most people wouldn't necessariy grow out of very quickly unlike the 8Gb unit.

6. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Try this..

http://www.iphonealley.com/current/

Scroll down to the bottom...............

7. sanddunes21 macrumors newbie

I'd say it's very unlikely. Apple just updated the iPod Touch in September, I don't think they'll do it again as soon December.

8. iMacmatician macrumors 601

First thing I thought was "iPod touch with camera?"

They have done small updates in the early part of the year to various iPods, 32 GB iPod touch is an example.

(Now it's at the top of the second page.)

9. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Wouldn't customers who JUST bought the new iPod Touch just 2 months ago, be royally royally PISSED OFF???

Why would Apple do that? I don't buy it - and if they do, they better offer a way for those who purchased the new iPods to trade it in at a full refund.

10. tenand2indy macrumors member

This is the key to this whole "camera ipod touch before Xmas" theory: There will most likely be THOUSANDS of ipod owners who just bought a 32GB or 64GB model DEMANDING a refund or full credit towards the new model.

I know I will be at the head of the line, current ipod in hand, demanding a refund. I will then turn around and buy a Zune HD, just to spite Jobs AND myself ;)

11. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Not saying it'll come out in Dec. but I think they'll drop the 8GB and replace it with the 16GB sporting the new camera function.

12. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Replacing 8GB with 16GB is one thing, but putting camera in 16GB ONLY is a whole different problem IMO. As a 32GB Touch 3G owner who would prefer camera over space on any day, I will be mad as hell.

13. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I just bought one about 3 weeks ago, and while it wouldn't make me the happiest customer to see new ones come out in December with cameras, I won't get bent out of shape about it. I have a cell phone with a decent camera, so I can just email myself the photos from there and retrieve them in the Touch's email app. For photos where the quality is key, I'd have a real digital camera with me anyway.

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

15. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It's not going to happen this quick...move on.

16. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

It even says it'll probably come out after the Christmas holidays. So that would mean it's not coming December.

Probably near February, like the 32GB 1st gen did.

17. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

Releasing a product at the that time would make no sense. They release the iPods in September so the shipment and word of mouth about them is in full swing in time for the holidays. They want the product to be completely ready by then. Apple will absolutely not release a new iPod touch this calendar year.

18. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

I doubt many people would be annoyed, I and most other average users don't really keep right up to date with Apple product releases. When I want to buy something, I figure I can only buy what is currently available. If the camera was such a big selling point to me I would not have bought one in the first place until Apple released one with a camera built in. It's not like when you buy something, especially technology, that you don't expect a newer and better version to come along fairly soon afterwards?

19. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Phil Schiller said Apple wont be releasing any more products this year.

20. na1577 macrumors 6502a

If Apple intended to update the touch in December, they wouldn't have updated it in September. If they do update it, it won't be until after the holidays.

21. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

22. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

As if Apple always does what they said they would. ;)

I'm always up for updates. If it comes, cool with me.

23. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

I expect an update at this point would not be expected. In regards to your quote, isn't someone always pissed off when something new comes along. I bought an iMac in July, which was only four months after they came out, and three months later there were new ones with better screens and faster processors. I cannot be mad because this is the way with technology.

"Yes I love technology, but not as much as you, you see..."