New iPod Touch TOO light/thin?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cnev3, Oct 23, 2012.

1. cnev3 macrumors 6502

I just got my 5th gen iPod touch. First impressions are that it's the dogs bollocks. An improvement in every way.

But I don't know how I feel about how light it is. I am a cyclist, and saving weight is a huge deal to our sport, and I can appreciate that, since I will be using it on my rides, but i'm also worried that i'm going to forget it's in my pants pocket, and it might accidentally end up in the washing machine.

I also don't know how durable it is compared to previous gens. Which of course I won't test.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really impressed with how they got it so light. But where do you draw the line?

2. TRMC13 macrumors member

relevant

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I've been hauling mine around in my pocket since October 12. The silver back is still pristine and the screen cleans up easily.

The case I ordered hasn't arrived yet, so I have been using the strap for security, especially when using the camera.

If you're worried about it ending up in the wash, put a sticky note on your washer reminding yourself to check pockets (which you should do anyway).

4. SocalMark macrumors member