Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AsIs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Just recently got my iPod Touch 3g, 64gb, w/ a cheap screen protector and a Speck PixelSkin rubber case, However, I installed the screen protector incorrectly and I am now looking for another one. Are there any Power Support for the 3g iPod Touch and does the iPod Touch 2g have the same form as the iPod Touch 3g? Thanks in advance.

entspeak

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007
Zagg

In my opinion, and the opinion of many others, ZAGG's Invisible Shield is the best screen protector out there. Just be sure that there isn't any lint or dirt around where you are doing the installation.

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
If you are deadset on putting one on the touch, then power support or switcheasy makes some good ones. However, for the past week, i've been using my touch without a screen protector and it is perfect. no scratches. i love the feel of the glass and glass itself is pretty resilient for scratch protection. u can't scratch it with keys, so im pretty sure u will be fine.

shadowbird423

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2009
Chapel Hill
Invisible Shield

Ignore the people who say using a iPod Touch unprotected is wise.. The screen will invariably be scratched by something. There is NO OTHER alternative to Invisible Shield by ZAGG (that I have found). They are expensive compared to other products, but the film covers the entire device, while being completely clear. Plus, they NEVER scratch. Installation should be done in a lint free environment. You should have lots of time set aside.
Good luck!

AsIs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
If you are deadset on putting one on the touch, then power support or switcheasy makes some good ones. However, for the past week, i've been using my touch without a screen protector and it is perfect. no scratches. i love the feel of the glass and glass itself is pretty resilient for scratch protection. u can't scratch it with keys, so im pretty sure u will be fine.

Does Power Support have one for the 3g because all I see is 2g screen protectors.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Power Support's iPod touch 2G screen protector films work perfectly for 3G touches. The screen size/shape didn't change at all from 2G to 3G.

Also, ignore the guy raving about the invisible shield. It's a waste of money, but more importantly, time needed to install it.

elpmas

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2009
Where the fresh snow don't go.
I say just get a cheap one from ebay. :]
Buy like x5 for $1 lol. I got privacy screen/mirror screens for relatively cheap...and it works. When it does get scratches, I can easily replace it without having to find $10 for some new ones :]

They're just screen protectors...not real shields x_x

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Paying $15 for a screen protector like the Power Support is kinda silly. Might as well buy one of the less-expensive new cases that include a couple of them. The ones that came with my Incipio fit fine and have held up well.

However, the tips given by PS for installation are good, specifically about using cellophane tape to lift and reposition as necessary. I'd add that canned air is also very useful to clear out any particles that might become trapped and cause air bubbles.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Paying $15 for a screen protector like the Power Support is kinda silly. Might as well buy one of the less-expensive new cases that include a couple of them. The ones that came with my Incipio fit fine and have held up well.

However, the tips given by PS for installation are good, specifically about using cellophane tape to lift and reposition as necessary. I'd add that canned air is also very useful to clear out any particles that might become trapped and cause air bubbles.

I agree to this except for the part about Incipio. I bought a case from them (Black Feather or something) and within a week of extremely careful use, the top corner cracked, the bottom left corner chipped off, and the top button plastic cracked. I do not recommend.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Yeah, I've seen reports of problems with the Feather, but the one I have has been fine for a few months now. Perhaps they improved them at some point.

I got all my stuff, including the touch, under time pressure before a trip. I was considering the PS film, but for a few bucks more, the Feather was a no brainer.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
For me I use the Best Skins Ever screen shield regardless of the case I may or may not use. I disagree that it's a waste of time/money.

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Try the anti-glare screen protectors by Macmosphere. They're relaively cheap and of good quality.

StruckANerve

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
Rio Rancho, NM
I say just get a cheap one from ebay. :]
Buy like x5 for $1 lol. I got privacy screen/mirror screens for relatively cheap...and it works. When it does get scratches, I can easily replace it without having to find $10 for some new ones :]

They're just screen protectors...not real shields x_x

This is what I've done. The cheap ones are better because they can just be replaced when it gets scratched. I've had mine for 3 months and it still looks really good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.