new ipod Touch with 2.0 software?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MacsAre1, Jul 11, 2008.

1. MacsAre1 macrumors member

I have been waiting something like a month to buy a new iMac and free-after-rebate iPod Touch so I wouldn't have to pay for the 2.0 software upgrade. Apple's iPod Touch pages all say that the 2.0 software upgrade is "sold separately."

What's the deal here? It's like shipping new Macs out with Tiger after the release of Leopard. I am hoping they are just trying to clear out stock with the old firmware version so they don't have to stick updates in the box. If that's the case, I hope to see Touches shipping with 2.0 soon!

If anyone buys a new iPod Touch after today that has the 2.0 firmware installed, please let us know!

2. dchao macrumors 6502a

I remembered that after the released of Leopard, a lot of Mac's were still bundled with Tiger Discs. But Apple did provide free upgrade for any Mac purchased within 30 days of the release of Leopard.

If Apple is not going to provide free upgrade to 2.0 with new iPod touch, I am afraid, they will never ever going to get rid of old stocks of iPod touch.

3. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

This is insanely DUMB! if true of course.
    Surely, they will start shipping 2.0 with the software update as they did with the previous update?

But maybe that's why they reduced the price to only $9.95
    It's only £5 over here but still...