New iPod touch with ios5

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Antowns, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Antowns macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi,

Just got the new white iPod touch through today. It came pre installed with iOS5 and so far it's been very sluggish. Has anyone else noticed it? It seems very unusual as I've not installed anything other than Spotify.

2. stickybuns macrumors 6502

Do you have anything running in the background? Double click your home button and exit out of anything that's in the multi-tasking menu. That usually helps with mine.

3. Antowns thread starter macrumors member

I only had Spotify running, its brand new and I'm somewhat disappointed to even have to consider closing down apps.

4. Spitroast Panda macrumors member

I bought mine 10 days or so ago, and have to admit, I have had no real issues with it, feels pretty fast to me, but then again, I havent got anything to compare it with, except my android phone, and it seems to do similar tasks at similar speeds to that (HTC Desire)

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

sluggish how exactly? I have a 4G that I got last year that runs fine on 5.0, not much different than it did with iOS 4.