New iPod touch won't connect to iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theking., Jun 3, 2008.

1. theking. macrumors newbie

I kinda feel like a fool posting this but I'm pretty new to Apple/iTunes...

Anyway, I just got my touch today. I connecting it to my computer (with windows XP) and it said something like "New Device" on the bottom right of the task bar thing. Then a little screen popped up and asked me which program to use. But, my computer thought that the Touch was a camera. I tried opening itunes but it just doesn't detect the iPod. I downloaded the latest version of itunes (after I plugged the touch in, if that makes a difference) today so its not that. I've turned it off, tried different USB ports, etc, but I just can't get it to work. The thing that confuses me most is that when I plug my touch into the computer, it charges but itunes still doesn't recognize it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. trevjonez macrumors newbie

i have the same problem only mine worked fine for some time then recently started popping up as a cammera and would still work most of the time. now i don't even get the usb da ding that windows does
    i have tryed 2 diff cables every diff usb ports and 5 different pc's.

pretty sure its ipod related

3. Marc Roberge macrumors newbie

Ok

ok so guys i need some help on my Ipod Touch...everytime i turn it on i have the icon of itunes and the charger...meaning i need to plug it into my computer and turn on itunes im guessing..but when i go on itunes a message pops up saying i need to enter my passcode on my ipod but i cant,only the icons come up..please help me out i love my ipod