New iPod Touch won't unlock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by c48113, Jul 22, 2008.

1. c48113 macrumors newbie

Been lurking here awhile
    Just got refurbished iPod Touch from apple site. Turned it on and says slide to unlock, i dragged my finger across and it didn't slide. Won't do anything.

I plugged it into computer and it is recognized and I can sync but still can't unlock.

When I press the power button and it pops up the slide to turn off it doesn't work either.

Now this is the first time I have seen a iPod Touch so is there any trick to this, I just need to drag my finger across right? I don't need to press down or am I missing something else?

I have tried the following:
    reset to defaults through itunes
    held down home and power until apple logo came up
    loaded upgrade to software (1.5 or something like that)
    reset back to defaults
    pressed the home button twice and tried sliding the volume and it wouldn't

All the other troubleshooting on the support site require it to be unlocked.

So am I going to have to wait for tomorrow morning to call Apple to get a rma or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for any help.

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Sounds to me like this refurb has a non-reactive touch screen. You've done all you can, leave this to the experts. Bad luck dude. :(

3. c48113 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bummer, been looking forward to new toy all week.

4. mfriel17 macrumors newbie

mines doing the same thing and ive had it for a while and one day i pulled it out of my pocket hoping to listen to music and i couldnt slide to unlock.:(

5. c48113 thread starter macrumors newbie

If you tried the steps I tried in the original post then its probably dead. I contacted support told them what I had tried and they replaced it.