New iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Austin2048, May 21, 2009.

1. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

hey guys, i have an 8 gig first gen iPod Touch. ive had it since Christmas and ive already ran into a problem. i need more memory. i currently have 1.44 gigs left but i am going to put a bunch more music on it. my iPod is in perfect condition except for a screen scratch and messed up corners from where i dropped it on concrete once. but other than that it has no problems and works perfectly. i dont know if i should get the 16 gig second gen or if i should wait till the 3rd gen comes out and get the third gen 16 gig. i just want to know if the 16gig third gen would be cheaper than the 16 gig second gen and if the third gen will have a jailbreak soon cuz i cant live without one. i could probly sell my first gen but one thing, i sanded the back of it to give it a brushed aluminum look and it looks awesome. do you think anyone would buy it if i were to sell it? what do you guys think?

2. hotrock3 macrumors member

It is impossible to say if your ipod would sell and for how much, check ebay and see what similar ipods are going for.

As for buying your next one? I would wait till the Dev conference is over for sure, who knows, they may update the ipod touch too. I wouldn't count on it but they may sneak it behind all the iPhone news. If they don't update it then, the soonest they will do it is once the back to school special ends in September.

Will it be cheaper? If they come out with a 64GB version I would think that the 16GB would fall to the 8GB's current price and there wouldn't be an 8GB option. Basically bumping each one down one spot.

I'm waiting for a 64GB version of the iPod Touch to come out before I buy a new one. My 20GB died like 3 months ago and its killing me to wait but I know that spending $400 will be worth it later.

If you want to buy one now, while it is still under warranty, you could always not take it apart and not disconnect something and not take it to Best Buy's Geek Squad and not get a new one, that may or may not be any bigger but maybe the newer generation. I would never do that and would never encourage it because we all know the Geek Squad are not sales people and do know all there is to know about computers.

--
    Andrew

3. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

im lookin on craigs list and others are sellin for 150 - 200 bucks. i figure i can get at least 200 and if i do get the 16 gig second gen, it goes for about 250 on craigs list