Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curlysworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
My House
Hey guys,

Just checked on Apple's website, and there is the NEW 80Gb iPod (or viPods as some people call them, I assume with reference to their favourite text editor) which boasts better screen brightness, battery life etc.

Have the 30Gb iPod's been give the same workover or are they the same ones as before, and if so, how can I tell, short of ordering direct from Apple whether I am getting a new one or an older model.

Thanks,
Curly

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
curlysworld said:
Hey guys,

Just checked on Apple's website, and there is the NEW 80Gb iPod (or viPods as some people call them, I assume with reference to their favourite text editor) which boasts better screen brightness, battery life etc.

Have the 30Gb iPod's been give the same workover or are they the same ones as before, and if so, how can I tell, short of ordering direct from Apple whether I am getting a new one or an older model.

Thanks,
Curly
you would've been forgiven if this was your FIRST post...

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
curlysworld said:
Its nearly my first post. What did I do?
lol... sorry, i was just being mean to you...
also forgive me if you had more knowledge than i assumed you did..
last week, there was a "It's Showtime" event, in which apple released completely new line (well, not completely new, but complete line is updated, somewhat) of iPods, both 30GB ipod video and 80 ipod video are updated

short of battery capacity, and data storage capacity, the 30 and 80 are the same... that is, same feature, and stuff...

so to your question, if there's something that's in 80gb that you want (short of battery and data storage capacity), you will find it in 30gb

curlysworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
My House
Cool. Thought that was the case but just wanted to make sure, as Apple have a habit of releasing new stuff just after I get something. I saw about the shuffle's and the nano's and nano's look great but just not enough storage on them for my liking. I am guessing there is a different battery in the 80G as it otherwise it makes no sense why they would last longer than the 30G. I currently have a rather battered but functional 20G 3rd Generation with the buttons above the clickwheel, which I kind find anywhere and was thinking of upgrading anyway.

Just as well I didn't tell you that I have a PowerBook G4, iMac, and Mac Mini and I have apple.com/uk set to my homepage otherwise you would wonder why I.....

Ooops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.