New Ipod works, However freezes ALL the time.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by schradec, Apr 23, 2008.

1. schradec macrumors newbie

Just got my 160GIG I pod classic in the mail. Now it was a refurb, but still cant figure out what the deal is. Go to plug it in to my PC(where all my music is stored) and I get nothing. Doesnt pop up in Itunes, doesnt turn on, nothing. Tried leaving it plugged in for a while, and nothing, switched up USB ports, nothing, updated Itunes and nothing. Plugged it into my MBP, nothing. Only thing I can think of is that the USB cord I got is a dud...Any thoughts? Gunna head to the applestore today and see what the deall is, just thought Id let you all take a stab at it first.

Christian:confused:

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Does it even turn on when not connected via USB? If it doesn't start use the 5 r's of iPod Troubleshooting.

3. schradec thread starter macrumors newbie

Im talking NOTHING here....wont take a charge, wont reboot for me, tried it all. Im out of stuff to try haha. Cant even get it to turn on, as I dont think it has any battery life in it since it doesnt do squat when plugged in.

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Can you leave it charging overnight? The weird thing about your situation is that even refurbs go through a quality check before going back on the market.

5. schradec thread starter macrumors newbie

yea ill throw it on the cord for the day. thanks for such quick responses, i'll let you know how it goes.

6. schradec thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok well got it to turn on, and got all my music loaded up. However now this damn thing freezes up...and I mean ALL the time, switching songs, bam frozen and has a buzzing sound coming through the ear buds, and to get it to come back you have to do the hold, menu+middle button deal and restart it..:mad:. Any thoughts folks?

7. schradec thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I'd take it and your receipt to the nearest apple store, something is definitely not right. Sorry! :eek:

9. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Yah take it back - don't try and fix it yourself.

10. schradec thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I was afraid thats what it was gunna come down to...well dangit.

11. schradec thread starter macrumors newbie

Well went into my Apple store just bit ago...talked to the folks there and with in 10 min he handed me a new 160gb ipod. Sucks I had to deal with it, but hat great customer service. No questions asked, swapped it out and now just have to sync my new one up. :D