new Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Ibbej, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Ibbej macrumors newbie

hello,
    i just got an ipod for the first time. it is an ipod nano 3rd gen.
    anyway i now have itunes on my computer. I want to import all my mp3's i have on my computer but the only way i know how to do it is by clicking on file in itunes and then import but i can only import one song at a time! it will take me forever. is there a way i can import them all at the same time?
    thanks in advance.

2. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Click on File.

Click add to Library.

Then you can just select a folder and click Open. Should scan and add the contents.

3. Ibbej thread starter macrumors newbie

didn't work

thanks for the quick reply but alas i did something wrong. under file i can choose add file to library or add folder to library. i chose add file selected all my mp3's and then nothing. i don't know what happened but all my songs are not in itunes.

4. davedecay macrumors member

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Have you tried selecting the MP3s in your Finder / Windows Explorer and dragging them onto the iTunes window?

5. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

Can't you click 'Add Folder TO Library' instead, and then just select the whole folder. If you choose to 'Add File...' it can only add 1 file at a time.

Thats the way i do it on my pc, and it works fine! Hope it helps

6. Ibbej thread starter macrumors newbie

add folder worked

thanks for all the responses. i tried the add folder to library like bigbadnewill mentioned and it worked fine. Now i have to spend a lot of time renaming all the files so that in itunes the artist and title are in the correct places:(