New iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bigaudiofanatic, Mar 28, 2010.

1. bigaudiofanatic macrumors regular

So I am planning on getting a new ipod. but the one that is out now the 160 will only have 18gb's free after I load all my music on it. Also I am wondering if there is a bigger one coming out anytime soon.

2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Who knows? The only way to find out is to wait until September, which is when they are historically updated.

4. bigaudiofanatic thread starter macrumors regular

Will probably just go ahead and buy the one they have out now. Do not want to wait till september.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No worries I currently need two 160GB iPods to fit all my music. I wish they made bigger iPods, but I think they would need to make the thickness twice as thick if they wanted to put in bigger drive.

6. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

There has also been many rumors of the Classic being discontinued any year now.

7. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

What do you have now? Have you considered modding it to add a larger drive?;)

8. bigaudiofanatic thread starter macrumors regular

As of right now no ipod but will be getting one soon.

9. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

Just like everything else, if you wait a new one will come out that is bigger and better.

However, I have an 80GB classic and a 16GB Touch. I have my entire collection on my classic, but I find that I mostly use the Touch (podcasts). You may find that having your entire collection with you is overkill.

Good luck!! :)

10. bigaudiofanatic thread starter macrumors regular

the thing with my collection is I can go for days listening to it and discover new music that I enjoy. Every week I add another 2-4 cd's to it that I buy so it is constantly growing.

11. bigaudiofanatic thread starter macrumors regular

Well got a 160gb ipod today within a hour or so it was filled. I have no more room on it and all but 230 songs will fit on it. So I defiantly need a bigger one.