Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

HoRNeT7

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2003
Odd.

From what I could tell, all the Apple International store sites I visited did not have the "new" sticker.

The iPods were updated some time ago, and I doubt that Apple would overlook their business store site for that long.

It may well be that an Apple web programmer may have recently entered the wrong filename in WebObjects--or perhaps updated the main page a little early? ;)

bperkins

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2002
GA
I noticed this when I visited my Apple store two weeks ago. I was browsing via a 12" Powerbook in store , and I thought it was kind of odd that it said new on the iPod's header. At the time I thought I was looking at the regualr Apple Store, not the one for Business. But now I know better.

KLFloyd

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
Gainesville, FL
The new sticker has been up there since the release of the new iPods last summer, Education store is the same way as are about half the other international stores out there.

The Graphic is still the same underneath, new 29GB model for Mac and windows...

It's nothing new...

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
yeah i see its been taken off the main us store.

and its not on the ireland store either.. and yes there is a ireland store...

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Hmm...that's strange. Hopefully, a web programmer accidentally put the "new" flag on too early, suggesting updates very soon.

bigjohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2000
Monrovia, CA
So besides a size upgrade (10,20,40), are we expecting anything new with the iPod? I can see FW800 - but anything else, video support?

iAndy

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2003
Hong Kong
Originally posted by bigjohn
So besides a size upgrade (10,20,40), are we expecting anything new with the iPod? I can see FW800 - but anything else, video support?
IMHO FW800 is not likely at this stage - especially as the recently upgraded iMacs didn't get FW800 either

But my wishlist includes:
- Firmware support for ACC
- Bluetooth support
- Mic. in
- Replaceable battery

Anything else (video support, FM tuner) a nice bonus

Just hope we get some announcement soon, because now that I have saved up the $$$'s, the waiting is killing me... :(

sugati

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2003
this image:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/sp_hpimage_reseller.gif

which i see when i go to the US apple store:

http://store.apple.com/AppleStore/WebObjects/BizCustom?qprm=78313

reflects a green "new" tag which has not been on the site for the past three weeks that I've been going to the store everyday. however, there was just some simple grey text in the image that said "new", and it was a carryover.

the image that is on the front of the store now, is a new image, at least it's new in comparison to the last three weeks.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra

jeffberg

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2001
Notice how the rest of the store is up to date, new Xserves, etc. So why wouldn't they bother to fix the iPod one while they were updating it. I think an insider may know about new iPods and is playing with us. Because if it was old, they would've taken the new sign away. If it was new it would have a bigger iPod than 20GB. Makes you wonder.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i bet its just a mistake, what kind of web builder for apple would pull a stunt like that. he would only do that if he wanted to have his ass handed to him on the streets.

iJon

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Originally posted by iJon
...his ass handed to him...

PFFFFT!!!!

anyways, looks about the right time for iPod updates.. seems Apple's on a roll, if the roll continues, it's either iBooks or iPods being updated... besides, there was a "leaked" document put up by Toshiba which had info about a new 40 gig drive, so...

Why not?

aghh, probably just a lazy web designer..

irmongoose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.