Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
I'm flying to London on a business trip next Monday and would like to bring home a new white 30GB iPod.
Does anyone know whether they already have the new models in store at Regent Street and, if so, if both of the colours?

Thanks

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
Sorry, can only report about the 80gbs which aren't in yet. I've been every day this week and nothing.

I have got a hunch the 30 is in though. I was in the queue and overheard bits of a discussion that suggested they were out of white but had some black still in stock.

Am trying not to rant about AS Regent Street staff but they are sooo rude! It's got to the point where I would rather go to PC World and by God that's saying something! :eek:

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
April Dancer said:
Sorry, can only report about the 80gbs which aren't in yet. I've been every day this week and nothing.

I have got a hunch the 30 is in though. I was in the queue and overheard bits of a discussion that suggested they were out of white but had some black still in stock.

Am trying not to rant about AS Regent Street staff but they are sooo rude! It's got to the point where I would rather go to PC World and by God that's saying something! :eek:

lol.. I never had bad experiences with the staff there but I must say the place it's really starting to show some sort of degrade!
It looks more and more like a cheap* internet café rather than the stylish alu-wood-glass place it was a year ago!
And whenever I'm trying to play with some aperture love on a 30-inch screen there's always some silly teen checking their flickr/youtube/myspace/whatever out! Sigh :p

Anyway, since you're there every day would you mind giving me a shout if there are any news before Monday?

Thanks!

*Except for when you read the actual price tags

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Unfortunately I live about 120 miles away from London, but I thought I'd call the Regent Street store, and according to the guy who answered they have a substantial amount of both colours of the new 30GB iPod in stock.

Hope that helps.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
Ubuntu said:
Unfortunately I live about 120 miles away from London, but I thought I'd call the Regent Street store, and according to the guy who answered they have a substantial amount of both colours of the new 30GB iPod in stock.

Hope that helps.

Wow, this is awesome! Thanks so much for your help! It would have been an expensive international phone call for me!
And my business trip suddenly becomes fascinating! :D

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Synapple said:
Wow, this is awesome! Thanks so much for your help! It would have been an expensive international phone call for me!
And my business trip suddenly becomes fascinating! :D

No worries. :D I thought "why not?", it wouldn't cost me much. I hope your trip proves to be a fun experience.

Take care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.