New iPods, iPhone?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
46,731
8,949


More possibilities continue to roll in for today's event.

Several readers have noted the publication of an iPhone photo in a French online newspaper. This iPhone photo is simply a confirmed mockup design that had been published months ago.

Meanwhile, one new report indicates that there are 8 new iPod stock numbers and 10 new accessory stock numbers available to resellers. Accessories are broken down into 3 new cases, 4 new armbands, a dock, headphones and a cable/connector piece.
 

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
5,338
14
Canberra OZ
Macrumors said:
Meanwhile, one new report indicates that there are 8 new iPod stock numbers and 10 new accessory stock numbers available to resellers. Accessories are broken down into 3 new cases, 4 new armbands, a dock, headphones and a cable/connector piece.
5-6 nanos, 2 ipods...

nano, small and big ipod cases

armbands - colours

wireless headphones?
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
Macrumors said:


More possibilities continue to roll in for today's event.

Several readers have noted the publication of an iPhone photo in a French online newspaper. This iPhone photo is simply a confirmed mockup design that had been published months ago.

Meanwhile, one new report indicates that there are 8 new iPod stock numbers and 10 new accessory stock numbers available to resellers. Accessories are broken down into 3 new cases, 4 new armbands, a dock, headphones and a cable/connector piece.
Got a link to that report?
 

maddav

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2004
390
0
Manchester, UK
8 New iPod stock numbers eh?

iPod Video 50GB
iPod Video 80GB
iPod Nano 8GB (black)
iPod Nano 8GB (white)
iPod Nano 8GB (colour 3)
iPod Nano 8GB (colour 4)
iPod Nano 8GB (colour 5)
iPod Nano 8GB (colour 6)

*dreams* :p
 

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
1,563
0
Canada
aswitcher said:
5-6 nanos, 2 ipods...

nano, small and big ipod cases

armbands - colours

wireless headphones?
I'm glad someone did the math. :D I wonder what the chances are of there being a "true" video iPod. Actually, I don't care. Movie store? Don't really care, either. I (or rather, my wife) like the option of having subtitles. I doubt that will be available. iPhone? Interesting. I'll be back in the Great White North in '07 and having an Apple phone would be cool only because I think they'd do it right. (Here, "right" means with a user interface that I would enjoy.)

-Squire

<edit> I bet the new iPod ads will be featured as well.
 

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
1,725
0
I read rumours Apple is partnering with RIM to create an iPhone... sounds plausible enough. And since it is like a Blackberry device, it makes sense Apple would purse its partnership.
 

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
3,490
1,234
I suspect nanos of 8-6-4-2....

Roll on 4:20PM. :eek:

The way things are going with flash memory, next year might be 32 GB nanos. They already have 64gig USB dongles.
The moment they announce and sell upgraded Nanos I am buying. I've been without iPod for 9 months, waiting for something bigger, better and cheaper. And smaller.
 

amiga

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2006
354
0
London.
Thought we'd alreay established that those iPhone designs appeard in Macuser UK as mockups...? I have the issue they were in... in fact I might even have thrown it out by now.
 

d_saum

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2005
398
0
NC
please let there be an iPhone announcement today!!! Pretty pretty please!!!! My bill is due for my stupid sprint/nextel account and my phone is a total P.O.S.!!!!

I'll swith to it the DAY its available even if I have to pay to get out of my contract!!!!!!!!


Please Mr. Jobs... Hurry!! ;)
 

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
6,887
511
NO PHONE.

So what's up with the Shuffle? Nobody mentions it in today's rumors, do they think it will just get canned? I doubt they'll keep it at the same price point and size, could a simple size bump be possible today?
 

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
812
0
NY
milo said:
NO PHONE.

So what's up with the Shuffle? Nobody mentions it in today's rumors, do they think it will just get canned? I doubt they'll keep it at the same price point and size, could a simple size bump be possible today?
I think the shuffle is fine as it is. Apple are trying to get proactive with the recent releases from Sandisk so they are prolly focusing on the nano.