New iPods on Display in UK Apple Stores?

felixkunze

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
West Sussex, UK
Has anyone seen any of the new iPods (apart from the Shuffle) on display in any of the UK Apple Stores? My closest one is Bluewater, Kent or Regent Street in London (I could go to either tonight).

I don't mind ordering my newest iPod online (I just sold my old 5.5G 80GB Black iPod 24 hours before the new releases!) but I'm really trying to decide if I go for the ultra portable, workout-friendly Nano or the Classic. Touch is too expensive for me as I would want the 16 GB version. Besides, it would put me out of the market for the iPhone and my phone is up for upgrade in the next couple of months anyway. So I need to decide between ending up with an iPhone and Nano or iPhone and Classic (which would carry all my music).

I think the turning point for me will be when I go to the store and have a look at these babies and decide which I like more in terms of convenience vs price.

I called Regent Street and Bluewater, they say they don't have stock but does anyone know if there are some on display anywhere in the London area?

Thanks.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I phoned my local Apple Store (Kingston, Bentall Centre), and they told me that nanos and classics would be there in 2-3 days, and the iPod touch will arrive towards the end of the month.

felixkunze

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
West Sussex, UK
Damn!

Shame, but thanks for the info, I'm getting a bit desperate. But after getting my iMac the day after the last keynote, I'm not used to having to wait for the iPods. Not that I'm particularly for everything to be immediate but I was impressed with the speed of the iMacs (although I did have to reserve myself one and then ended up buying the last one in stock!).

I set myself up so I am completely in the market for a new iPod right now!

felixkunze

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
West Sussex, UK
Update

Did anyone else go to any of the Stores yesterday to see if they have anything? I know some of my friends in the US are buying already!

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
Regent street is GO!

Just back from Regent street with a 160gb silver classic! Wanted a black one, but they're sold out already. 80gb not yet in stock. Everyone oohing over the nanos - they are much nicer in the flesh.

fireplace

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2007
London
I was told they may have the touch in Regent street on Monday. by an apple store employee - in an official capacity.

ascender

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2005
Does anyone know if Scotsys in Edinburgh have any of the new products in stock yet? Just went to sync my iPod tonight and that's all 80Gb full.

felixkunze

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
West Sussex, UK
Got Mine

Thanks everyone for posting on this thread. I got my Nano on Friday from Bluewater, then realized it wasn't enough for me (which is kinda obvious but there you go), swapped it for an 80GB Black Classic at Regent Street yesterday!

Happy iPod user again.

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
They have the iPod Classic and nanos in Southampton - not the touch though :mad:

I really like the nano - it is SO nice and looks a lot better than the pictures - I was very surprised. Covre flow works okay (could be faster) and the menu screen is cut in half which seems a little odd...

Don't like the silver classic - prefer the white look.

ascender

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2005
Shuffles only in Edinburgh although a small delivery of Nanos and maybe a few Classics are due tomorrow.

sarah3585

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
They have the iPod Classic and nanos in Southampton - not the touch though :mad:

I really like the nano - it is SO nice and looks a lot better than the pictures - I was very surprised. Covre flow works okay (could be faster) and the menu screen is cut in half which seems a little odd...

Don't like the silver classic - prefer the white look.

I went in Southampton store yesterday they only had the nanos. Much better looking than in images. I can't belive how thin they are. My b/f went from hating them to now wanting one.
Will have to go in again soon to see the classics.

felixkunze

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
West Sussex, UK
iPod Touch

So the great hunt begins. iPod touch sightings anyone? I may go to Bluewater Apple Store tonight to see it if anyone has seen them on display in any of the UK Stores. Obviously not to buy yet but maybe on display?

Anyone? Please! Its the closest I'm gonna get to seeing what the iPhone is like in person.

Oh by the way my iPod Nano review is here

benadd

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2007
Leeds
iPod Touch in Apple Stores

Just called both the Manchester Arndale and Trafford Centre stores.

Manchester Arndale had the iPod Touch in stock today, but they've already sold out, and are waiting for another delivery of the iPod Touch which should be arriving midweek next week.

Trafford Centre said that they had also sold out already, but they have a delivery coming tomorrow. Whether the delivery contains iPod Touches cannot be confirmed until tomorrow morning.