New iPods on Display in UK Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by felixkunze, Sep 6, 2007.

1. felixkunze macrumors member

Has anyone seen any of the new iPods (apart from the Shuffle) on display in any of the UK Apple Stores? My closest one is Bluewater, Kent or Regent Street in London (I could go to either tonight).

I don't mind ordering my newest iPod online (I just sold my old 5.5G 80GB Black iPod 24 hours before the new releases!) but I'm really trying to decide if I go for the ultra portable, workout-friendly Nano or the Classic. Touch is too expensive for me as I would want the 16 GB version. Besides, it would put me out of the market for the iPhone and my phone is up for upgrade in the next couple of months anyway. So I need to decide between ending up with an iPhone and Nano or iPhone and Classic (which would carry all my music).

I think the turning point for me will be when I go to the store and have a look at these babies and decide which I like more in terms of convenience vs price.

I called Regent Street and Bluewater, they say they don't have stock but does anyone know if there are some on display anywhere in the London area?

Thanks.

2. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I phoned my local Apple Store (Kingston, Bentall Centre), and they told me that nanos and classics would be there in 2-3 days, and the iPod touch will arrive towards the end of the month.

3. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I got told the same at the Manchester store.

4. felixkunze thread starter macrumors member

On display

Surely someone has been to an Apple Store today (or is there right now) who can tell me if they have display units up.

5. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Not in manchester (see above). Timeframes also above.

6. felixkunze thread starter macrumors member

Damn!

Shame, but thanks for the info, I'm getting a bit desperate. But after getting my iMac the day after the last keynote, I'm not used to having to wait for the iPods. Not that I'm particularly for everything to be immediate but I was impressed with the speed of the iMacs (although I did have to reserve myself one and then ended up buying the last one in stock!).

I set myself up so I am completely in the market for a new iPod right now!

7. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Good to know, thanks. Will definitely pop in to have a look. :)

8. felixkunze thread starter macrumors member

Update

Did anyone else go to any of the Stores yesterday to see if they have anything? I know some of my friends in the US are buying already!

9. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I was in the store, see above.

10. felixkunze thread starter macrumors member

Update

Alright, I'll hope for shipments to come in today. God - I feel weird without an iPod.

11. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Regent street is GO!

Just back from Regent street with a 160gb silver classic! Wanted a black one, but they're sold out already. 80gb not yet in stock. Everyone oohing over the nanos - they are much nicer in the flesh.

12. fireplace macrumors member

I was told they may have the touch in Regent street on Monday. by an apple store employee - in an official capacity.

13. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

regent street as lots of 160gig black ones

14. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

Might have to go there on Monday. :D On Friday they only had lots of nanos.

15. ascender macrumors 68000

Does anyone know if Scotsys in Edinburgh have any of the new products in stock yet? Just went to sync my iPod tonight and that's all 80Gb full.

16. felixkunze thread starter macrumors member

Got Mine

Thanks everyone for posting on this thread. I got my Nano on Friday from Bluewater, then realized it wasn't enough for me (which is kinda obvious but there you go), swapped it for an 80GB Black Classic at Regent Street yesterday!

Happy iPod user again.

17. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

They have the iPod Classic and nanos in Southampton - not the touch though :mad:

I really like the nano - it is SO nice and looks a lot better than the pictures - I was very surprised. Covre flow works okay (could be faster) and the menu screen is cut in half which seems a little odd...

Don't like the silver classic - prefer the white look.

18. ascender macrumors 68000

Shuffles only in Edinburgh although a small delivery of Nanos and maybe a few Classics are due tomorrow.

19. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

I went in Southampton store yesterday they only had the nanos. Much better looking than in images. I can't belive how thin they are. My b/f went from hating them to now wanting one.
    Will have to go in again soon to see the classics.

20. TallChap macrumors newbie

It's the Classic for you, the Nano max's out 8 GB at present.

21. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Meadowhall have Nanos and Classic and said Touch will be in Mid Week, this was on saturday.

22. felixkunze thread starter macrumors member

iPod Touch

So the great hunt begins. iPod touch sightings anyone? I may go to Bluewater Apple Store tonight to see it if anyone has seen them on display in any of the UK Stores. Obviously not to buy yet but maybe on display?

Anyone? Please! Its the closest I'm gonna get to seeing what the iPhone is like in person.

Oh by the way my iPod Nano review is here

23. benadd macrumors newbie

iPod Touch in Apple Stores

Just called both the Manchester Arndale and Trafford Centre stores.

Manchester Arndale had the iPod Touch in stock today, but they've already sold out, and are waiting for another delivery of the iPod Touch which should be arriving midweek next week.

Trafford Centre said that they had also sold out already, but they have a delivery coming tomorrow. Whether the delivery contains iPod Touches cannot be confirmed until tomorrow morning.

24. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

www.dabs.com can be a good place to buy one in the UK if you dont mind ordering online. They sell them a bit cheaper.

25. chall5 macrumors regular

they told me they would have them on the 28th Sept in Kingston