New iPods

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Telp, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I just wanna express the fact that i would really like a nice 32GB flash ipod soon. I dont know about anyone else, but i dont like the HD in the ipod, too slow and choppy for me. What are the chances do yall think well be seeing one of those?

2. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

I as well am not a big fan of the HDD based ipod(feels to fragile, 5th Gens are very laggy..), but I would expect a 16GB flash based ipod in september, and 32 GB next year, hopefully...

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I could see them maybe replacing the 30GB 5G with a 32GB flash based drive, and then having a higher end HDD based iPod with touchscreen for people who want more storage.

4. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

laggy, thats a great word. I have a 1G nano (dont use it anymore cuz of the iphone) but going from that to a video, it gets really annoying. a 16GB one would be amazing too. I love flash, i cant wait till it comes down in price a lot a lot more :D

5. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Well yeah, id say, like a 16 or 32GB flash (maybe both) and then for the high end they would have the 160GB samsung HDD for the topline.

6. beer.coffee macrumors member

Flash prices are very high atm. Very unlikely that 32Gb would be released.

The 16Gb is going to be expensive as it is...unless Apple dont care for margins...

7. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

True, but they did shoot down a lot.

8. ds252 macrumors regular

Definitely leading towards flash but for the full size ipods i don't see it yet 2008 definitely there will be one when the update comes.

9. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Apple as most likely made long-term deals with suppliers of flash, so current prices have no real relevance to Apple.

10. lag1090 macrumors 6502

It would be absolutely horrible if Apple didn't offer an iPod with storage capacity greater than ~30GB, flash or otherwise. At present, my music library is ~20GB, and I often store misc. files on my iPod. I currently have a 40GB 4G iPod, so anything less storage-wise would be a great loss to me.