Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
I have a new 12.9” IPP. My Air 1 had a screen protector that I assume was a good idea. I have it in a Smart Keyboard case. Are most of you using screen protectors? Ive read that some people don’t feel there’s a need to use them. Also, there was talk of certain screen protectors interfering with the touch functionality of the new IPP’s, true?

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Yes, long thread on this board about screen protectors having touch issues with the new iPad. I have never used one on an iPad, never needed to. But plenty of people do, see that thread for any ones that work.

Reactions: Codeseven

JLOAKS

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2016
Ever since I saw a Reddit post with a picture of someone's iPad being scratched from something being caught under their pencil while they were writing, I've needed a screen protector.

I always use the Apple Pencil at work and I don't want to have to constantly check for dust on my screen and pencil tip to avoid scratches. If I were to get a scratch on the screen it would drive me crazy. It's a $10 screen protector to avoid having to pay a $500 screen replacement fee, so it's a no brainer for me.

Reactions: Codeseven
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.