New iProduct release tomorrow Tuesday the 21st

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by supergod, Apr 20, 2009.

?

WTYT?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2009.
  1. Do you think it will be a new iPod/iPhone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Do you think it will be a new 8-10" touch enhanced notebook?

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Will I get a refund if I was given an aplplecare hardware repare without first being given a quote?

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. supergod macrumors 6502

I called the Yorkdale apple store earlier today and asked to speak to a manager. I was told that they were all in the middle of a videoconference and to leave my number. What are the odds of a videoconference on a Monday?

I'm betting its some kind of higher resolution wider screened iPod, possibly with a completely different kind of screen (OLED?) that covers the entire front surface.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

...1 in 7. Just like any other day of the week,

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No. Probably just some business thing. Not even the store managers know about products in advance.

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

The store managers do not know when a new product will be released. It's probably regarding the store chain, nothing to do with the products.

5. supergod thread starter macrumors 6502

WEll then, what are the odds that said day precedes a Tuesday? And there hasnt been a product release in a while. Might just be a new timecapsule but that would be really boring, and its a boring rainy couple days could usetheexcitement. ;-D

6. supergod thread starter macrumors 6502

well. ive at least found my one cure for boredom, a frozen apple, natures popsicle. or as my friend put it, frozen up mush.

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Again, no.
    There wouldn't be a video conference just for a new 2TB Time Capsule. Except for when new products are announced, they have no idea what is coming in their shipments, a new product for a silent update just shows up. Even when a new product is released, they still don't know exactly what's sAns box shipment. And there actually have been a lot of updates recently. Stop your complaining.

There should be a "nothing" option in the poll.

8. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

The odds are still one in seven. I don't think they tell even the store managers the day before.

9. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

the manager probably wanted to go on break and the "video-conference" was an excuse :D

Honestly though, if Apple is gonna be releasing that rumored netbook or 10" ipod touch it ain't gonna be tomorrow. It's gonna be some fancy event like WWDC or a invite only event like the one they did in October :cool:

10. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Mondays are fairly common for departmental meetings in lots of businesses. Don't read too much into it.