New IPT 5G microphone...??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OldCorpse, Sep 13, 2012.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Has Apple done anything to enhance the microphone on the new IPT 5G? I ask because Siri is going to be available on the new iPod T, but Siri has supposedly extra requirements when it comes to the microphone, for optimal use. Note, the new iPhone 5 has 3 microphones. There is something to be said for controlling noise interference. Or is the microphone on the IPT 5G a lame duck, sort of like the camera on the older IPT 4G was a lame duck compared to the iPhone. That would be sad and disappointing! Anyone know if Apple tweaked the microphone? I know it still has only ONE microphone, but maybe it's been enhanced? Anybody know?

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

I expect it to be as good as the 4th gen, if it is it will have no problem, the iPhone needs more mics because it is a phone, it needs one on the bottom because of how you talk on a phone, and one on the back because of noise cancellation while in a call, the one under the speaker grill is superfluous the 4S doesn't have any problem with noise pick-up for siri in my experience.
    The iPad with it's one mic works fine for siri as well, I expect no problem in that department.

3. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse