New iSights

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rph105, Oct 25, 2007.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

Does any one know if there are any new isights coming out, i have a g5, and 2 cinema displays, but i would like an isight for ichat and leopard, since apple have stopped selling them do u kno when they are likely to release one, or where i can buy the old ones from?

Thanks

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

pretty soon Apple will give you one for free with the purchase of a new cinema display. Maybe January?

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Not sure about the possibility of a new iSight but maybe you can find another firewire camera for your system.

Here is a link to one that I found
    http://www.firewire-1394.com/fire-i-webcam-unibrain.htm

Looks like it might be an old link but there must be other firewire webcams that you can purchase. Or perhaps someone made a USB webcam with good OSX software that works well.

Cheers. :apple:

4. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

built-in iSights w/cinema displays?

as far as the OP's question, it's my understanding from talking to folks at various :apple: stores that they are not bringing out new iSights since they are incorporated into the iMacs and the laptops now...

that said, this would certainly be a great addition to this :apple: product line [cinema displays]. any reason to think - as opposed to merely hope - that this might actually be a new feature in the refreshed/redesigned ACDs? and any reason january seems likely? mac pro-related guess?

5. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

^^ yeah, built in is what I meant, I was just joking. Thought the thread would get more response today.

6. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I would like a new iSight, since I have a Mini, and won't be buying an Apple display. Here's hoping...

7. Cerebrum macrumors regular

Cerebrum

Dell displays are equally great. I doubt a new iSight will be coming out anyway.

8. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

just get the xbox 360 cam. Its cheap and works great. Noone expects anyone to make a cinematic masterpiece with a webcam.