New iSights

rph105

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Does any one know if there are any new isights coming out, i have a g5, and 2 cinema displays, but i would like an isight for ichat and leopard, since apple have stopped selling them do u kno when they are likely to release one, or where i can buy the old ones from?

Thanks

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Not sure about the possibility of a new iSight but maybe you can find another firewire camera for your system.

Here is a link to one that I found
http://www.firewire-1394.com/fire-i-webcam-unibrain.htm

Looks like it might be an old link but there must be other firewire webcams that you can purchase. Or perhaps someone made a USB webcam with good OSX software that works well.

Cheers. :apple:

Does any one know if there are any new isights coming out, i have a g5, and 2 cinema displays, but i would like an isight for ichat and leopard, since apple have stopped selling them do u kno when they are likely to release one, or where i can buy the old ones from?

Thanks

hollywoodmacguy

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
built-in iSights w/cinema displays?

pretty soon Apple will give you one for free with the purchase of a new cinema display. Maybe January?
as far as the OP's question, it's my understanding from talking to folks at various :apple: stores that they are not bringing out new iSights since they are incorporated into the iMacs and the laptops now...

that said, this would certainly be a great addition to this :apple: product line [cinema displays]. any reason to think - as opposed to merely hope - that this might actually be a new feature in the refreshed/redesigned ACDs? and any reason january seems likely? mac pro-related guess?

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains

Thanks
I would like a new iSight, since I have a Mini, and won't be buying an Apple display. Here's hoping...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.