New Issue: Trackpad works, all other computer operatings seize

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by logicstudiouser, Feb 11, 2015.

1. logicstudiouser macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

I've noticed recently a bizarre new issue that keeps popping up every now and then. It happens randomly and I can't afford to have it happen all the time.
    Essentially, pretty much all my computer operations will freeze (applications, time, all frozen). I can't click on anything, but oddly, I can still move the mouse with my trackpad (just can't click on anything).
    You have to force restart by holding down the power button.
    Has anyone experienced this issue before or have heard of this happening before? What issue does this sound like?
    Is there any way I can find a log that will indicate what happens to the computer when this happens again?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Sounds like a software issue....

Do a clean install of OSX and then load your software back one at a time and see if there is anything that triggers it.

3. logicstudiouser thread starter macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Certainly hope it is a software issue, rather than a hardware issue.
    If it persists, I will definitely be questioning the logic board. I had the logic board replaced just before my applecare expired at the end of December and the replacement part warranty is 90 days - I think i have about 3 weeks left)