New Issue with my new 2013 rMacbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KBS756, Apr 12, 2013.

1. KBS756, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013

KBS756 macrumors 6502a

I bought a 2013 2.8 Ghz 756GB 16GB 15in Retina Macbook Pro yesterday .... now I am noticing that it has serious lag issues? Is this a hardware issue that I should be able to go into an Apple Store and demand a replacement for?

When I say lag I click a 2mb and right click and hover over "open with" and finder freezes up spinning beachball for 30 seconds.

Other time It hesitated 2 mins before coming back from sleep

and now finder just was completely gone ... and I am restarting ... Its been on the spinning wheel before shut down for the last 10 minutes ....

Can I go into an apple store and ask them for a replacement without a Genius appointment if under 14 days?

Also will migration assistant transfer over all the software files and preferences or will I have to go through installing them again?

Thanks!

This is ridiculous now .. still stuck in the same restart

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Yes, you can. They will refund you for the first since you're still within the 14 day return policy period, and then you can buy another.

Yes, Migration Assistant should be able to move that stuff over for you. However, easiest is to just have the Apple Store do it for you.

3. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is why I love apple customer service in and out in 20 mins exchange so I don't pay sales tax

Without a Genius Bar appojntment

4. jNSK macrumors newbie

If you buy a custom MBP, say, one with 16GB RAM... Do they have these in-store too or do they have to be ordered if you need a replacement?

5. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

They don't have all of the available options in-store to buy. I'm not sure what the current in-store stock is like these days, because I haven't been in to look at anything since December.

However, the stores will have a few pre-set system configurations that they will carry at the stores. If what you want does not match what they carry in-store, then you will have to order it online.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

They don't have all configs in the store. I seriously doubt they would have 16GB mem/756 SSD in the store. the way to find out is to call the store since different stores have different stock

7. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Actually, I have found they tend to carry the maxed out model. That would be the 2.8/16/768. However, they might also carry the 2.7 since the 2.8 is a very specialized upgrade.

8. ColdCase macrumors 68030

When I was buying a 2.8/16/768 two or three weeks ago, there were none in any New England area store. It took a good week to come off the production line. The 2.8 with 8MB cache is a so called BTO model, the maxed out standard model has the 2.7 processor and 6MB cache. Those seemed to be readily available.

Dunno if they have a secret stash of 2.8s somewhere or perhaps the production line has caught up by now.

9. KBS756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They dont list them available as online. But both stores I went to had them in limited stock. This one seems to have actually avoided any issues so far. SAJ1 Panel again but no image retention.... yet hopefully stays that way but hoping that ridiculous ssd stutter doesnt return

10. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

It will all depend, my local stores only carry the basic models (975 and 976).