New iTouch, 1.1.4, no new firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iRondo, Jul 3, 2008.

1. iRondo macrumors member

Hi everyone, my first post here. Bought a 16GB iTouch last night, downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware no problems, however it does NOT include Google Maps etc. While I am aware that when this was released you had to pay for the extra apps, since I bought an apparently new iTouch, should they not be there already? I can't seem to find how and where to pay for the upgrade anywhere!

It's no matter, since come July 11 I'll get the 2.0 firmware, just curious really.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Yes you should of received the Janurary Software Update, pre-installed on the device.

This update has now been pulled from iTunes, in it's entirety, in light of the 2.0 software update.

It is no longer available for purchase.

If you are happy to wait until July 11th, wait, but if not, you were sold a device which was falsely advertised to you.

Contact Apple - The least they could do is refund you $20.

R-Fly

3. iRondo thread starter macrumors member

Ah awesome thanks for that. Nowhere that I could find did it actually directly say that the new apps were no longer available and I was so confused! I'll be getting the new firmware later this months so it's no biggie.

I didn't get it directly from Apple - I found an ad on a semi-dodgy web site, and a 16GB cost me what an 8GB cost, I have a bad feeling he got these iPods off the back of a truck so I'm not gonna rock the boat!

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

its easy to say it was falsely advertised but did the advert specify it came with or that you could buy the app upgrade? if not then nothing was falsely advertised. You bought an iPod Touch you got an iPod Touch simple as really

5. fake1009 macrumors member

I bought an ipod touch of Macmall in march and it didn't come with the update. I think it has to be manufactured after January in order for it to have the update. Since you had to download 1.1.4 it probably means that the ipod was manufactured before the update was released.

6. FishStik5 macrumors newbie

lol what is this website?

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

ebay.
    it probably was sitting for a while, and may be pre january, what week is it?

8. iRondo thread starter macrumors member

nah, gumtree.com, and I got it sealed in the box for less £ than an 8GB. Despite 'old' firmware, extremely happy with the whole thing! Best little device I ever bought!

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

oh, i see, like the UK version if craigslist. glad you are happy!

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Not really, considering the software upgrade was introduced with 1.1.3, not 1.1.4...