New itouch crashing alot

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Criss147, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Criss147 macrumors newbie

My brand new 2 week old itouch crashes about 2 or 3 times a day, it complietely shuts down, restarts, frezes on the apple logo starts glitching very badly, and it won't go back to normal untill I put it to charge. it used to only do this while I was using safari but now it does it radomly. it started to do this about 2 days after I installed the newest avalable software, I don't know how this started happenning I haven't dropped it and I have been as careful as I could with it. please tell me whats wrong!

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

Have you done a Reset or Restore?

3. Criss147 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry I don't really know much about this stuff like I said I only got it 2 weeks ago, how would I do that exactly?

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Well, first of all, instead of restoring right now, there is an update (2.0.2) that just came out yesterday, and that may be a time saving solution. To do that, first plug in you ipod. Then when it shows up on the sidebar, click it, choose the update button, wait for it to download, install, and restart. Then your iPod should work okay because it really helped my touch. If you are still experiencing problems, press the restore button under the update button, then wait while your software reinstalls. After your ipod restarts, it will ask you if you want to restore from a backup. PRESS NO. If you select yes, you may have just put your old bugs back on, selecting no clears everything off and lets you start over. Then, resync your music, photos, videos, podcasts, apps, etc. That should fix your problem. Just remember, there is never a completely perfect computer system, desktop OS X has its problems, Windows has its problems, Mobile OS X will have its problems.

5. gropo macrumors member

gropo

I feel for you. I set 3 alarms on my touch to wake me up this morning... Plugged in to AC... G/F wakes me up at 6:30 "don't you have to be at work!?"

Apparently it crashed in the middle of the night and reset the damn things :mad:

6. Criss147 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the suggestions guys, unfortunately the computer wouldn't even read my ipod when I connected it but I sent it off to apple and hopefully they can fix it

7. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

8. PinkStars macrumors newbie

PinkStars

I feel your pain! My iPod touch has been crashing A LOT lately! I am so unhappy! I have had it just about a year now, so it is not new, but still! In fact, it crashed again yesterday and I plugged it into my Macbook and I tried to restore it but it kept coming up with an error message! Frustrating. Then I unplugged it and plugged it back in last night and it would not even recognize that my iPod was plugged in!!! So I totally feel for you! Hopefully someone can help us!