new itouch restore mystery for any interested

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justtapout, Jun 25, 2008.

1. justtapout macrumors newbie

Ok i have gone through several threads on the forums here about error number 1604 etc. I'll be as descriptive as I can.

My touch's screen will not come on.. Sometimes if you let the battery die all the way and plug it back in to charge it will be fine but i'm tired of wating for that. It will give a sound prompt in itunes when I send it into restore mode using power and home keys. So I know it's alive.

I downloaded version 1 3a110a firmware for the ipod and use shift click to install it in restore mode.

It will extract, prepare the ipod for restore, the touch will come on to a white screen then the apple symbol will come up, preparing software will show, then restoring ipod software. It will go all the way to the point where it is verifying the restore then it gives me a new error...

da dah dun... Unknown error (6)

Just when you think there's hope.... Dashed on the rocks like a shipwrecked sailor.

Any advice??? I can't get iphuc to work and being as my touch is unhacked in any way I don't know if I want it to.. Last resort i'll pay the $30 and send it back to apple so they can restore it on their bench tester and send me another letter saying there's nothing wrong with it.... For the 3rd time.

2. opivy1218 macrumors member

You can try forcing it into DFU mode with iLibery+ and then restoring or whatever DFU mode does. I'm unsure if this hacks the touch in anyway, but i really don't think it does.

3. justtapout thread starter macrumors newbie

iliberty

ok i downloaded iliberty and initialized it.. and DFU mode is blinking in red and blue on the bottom right of the programs window.. i can only asssume that this means my ipod is already in DFU mode????

So now what???

This has become a mission by the way.. I'm either going to fix it or smash it with a hammer. I will have satisfaction one way or another

4. justtapout thread starter macrumors newbie

iliberty

upon further reading I have circumvented the error (1) trying to restore it in dfu mode but I have got error (6) now..

:confused: