New iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gbak, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Gbak macrumors newbie

Well I am buying a mac mini, and as a student I am getting an iTouch for free, should I wait for the new upgrade or it will be like the previous one, which got updated at September 9th so that we will miss it?

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Don't the new iPods usually come out after the back to school promotion ends? I can't remember the time line from last year.

3. Gbak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what I ask should I wait? The time line was 9th of September exactly after the promotion ended...

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

So wait... you question is should you buy now and get a free iPod Touch, or wait until they upgrade them (after the promo) and not get a free one?

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

iPods are always updated in September. That's how it's been for years, and it won't be any different this year.

And yes, they're updated after the back to school promo ends. It's either free iPod or latest iPod, basically.

6. boxandrew macrumors member

For questions like this I always check out:

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

No-one outside of Apple will be able to give you better guidance, but remember - "past performance is no indication of future results" :D

7. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I guess that the idea is to offload all of the old stock with the promo before offering the new ipods.

Regardless ... the Second Gen Touch is sweet.

8. emozolik macrumors newbie

The back-to-school offer doesnt apply to the mac mini. In the past the new ipod models come out when the promotions end. Keep that in mind.

9. P140897 macrumors member

if you can get one for free I say get it and then maybe also get the 3rd gen

I mean if you get if for free just do it

10. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

In the rare cases when the promo ran at the same time as a new iPod release. Apple gave away their old stock of iPods in such promotions, not the latest generation. So, you will likely be out of luck regardless.

[​IMG]

11. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Yup, if you're buying a Mac mini, you can't get the free iPod anyway so you might as well wait.

12. Wishsong macrumors regular

You won't be able to get the 3g for free, so get the free 8gb 2g touch and sell it. When the 3g comes out, buy it :]

13. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Yeah, you only get a free ipod (up to $229) with and laptop or a iMac, not a mini.