New iTrips

Discussion in 'iPod' started by rsherid, Feb 18, 2010.

1. rsherid macrumors member

I had an iTrip for my 3G iPod that worked amazingly well. I finally upgraded to a 6G iPod Classic and had to get a new iTrip. So I got the one from Griffin seen here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250568279049&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT).

However, it's terrible -- no matter what station I set it on, there's some level of static, popping and weird frequency sounds. With the old one, this happened once in a while, but this one does it ALL THE TIME. Have they just given up on making good FM transmitters or what?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The FCC does limit how strong these FM transmitters can be. This started a few years ago when people would complain because they would pick up someone else's broadcast and were offended by what they heard. A few years ago, XM and Sirius both had to limit the built in FM transmitters on their portable radios for the same reason.

It's best just to either get a radio with an AUX jack built in or direct connect using a kit you can buy at BestBuy or other stores.