new itunes keeps crashing??!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by j2048b, Aug 3, 2011.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

anyone else experience this? itunes the newest version keeps crashing!

what to do?

tried to down grade itunes but it said something like my library would not play on old version or some crap!

2. jcourvil macrumors newbie

itunes crashing

Just bought a new iMac..... works great other than iTunes keeps crashing. Looking for some help...

iTunes v. 10.4(80)

3. cinematicme macrumors member

cinematicme

What version of iTunes do you have? If it's higher then 10.4 you have the beta, which you shouldn't because your not a dev.

Either way, once you have a library file created by a specific version of iTunes it can't be downgraded, only upgraded.

The only solution (That i know of) is to delete your library files and rescan your media

4. jcourvil macrumors newbie

I just bought this iMac and this was the version that was installed. I tried uninstalling iTunes but it wouldn't let me...stating that iTunes can't be modified or deleted because it's required by Mac OS X....

I'm new to Apple... so I'll apologize in advance for my ignorance. :confused:

5. Mili-Mac macrumors newbie

Yep....
    Me too. opened up my mac this morning and it said that its alomst finished syncing my iphone 4.... funny thing is nothing was connected for it to sync... it then rudely decided not to close so i had to 'force quit' it.
    what is with programs when you get the latest everything goes wrong.... I have heard the same with lion....:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. jcourvil macrumors newbie

I did a fresh install of Lion and now my iTunes is working perfectly. :)