New ITunes Store Account

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bob Chadwick, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

I have had a problem with my current account. I can't log in, can't go through the process of resetting the password or getting the account name and, most disturbing of all, get a response from Apple about my problems.

One of the errors I got indicated that my existing account name didn't exist. I tried to reregister with that name and was told it does exist.

I'm just sick of the whole thing. Is there any downside to registering a new account with another email address that I use? I don't want to lose access to the existing songs, though I currently can't use them because the computer I am using is not recognized (another problem) and I can't log into my account or existing apps.

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Of course you can start a new account with a new email address. Unfortunately that's not going to solve your problem with accessing your current purchased tracks. They're tied to the old account, and if your computer isn't authorized for the old account you still won't be able to play any previously purchased DRM content.

You're going to have to get help from iTunes support to find out what is wrong.

3. Bob Chadwick thread starter macrumors member